~Nutcracker-Kylo Ren AU~

A/N--a quick continuation for part 2 of Black Swan

Kylo Ren's dark eyes roam over the front of the beautiful theater. The old stone structure was supported by grooved columns. Golden plaques engraved with names of dancers were set into the rows of steps leading up to the sets of wooden doors. A low hum of chatter fills the cool winter air as excited theater-goers file out of their cars and ascend the stairs. Thin streams of air escape their lips, fading away as it climbs into the grey sky streaked with clouds that covered the sun. Kylo adjusts his suit, dress shoes hitting the concrete as he follows Snoke from the sleek black car.

The two men walk casually around the theater, opting to use the back entrance which in reality was intended for dancers and stage crew. Kylo breathes a sigh of relief when the cold air fades to warmth as they step into the bare hallway. His hand lowers momentarily to check that his firearm was still secured in its holster. He and Snoke had some... business to attend to and it was fortunate they could use the theater as cover. It was winter, which meant that it was Nutcracker season. Everyone would be far too excited with the show to notice the two men prowling around.

Kylo's eyes roam over the endless maze of corridors and hallways. Some were bare but most were lined with racks of costumes and stage props. Some branched off into the dressing rooms, from which faint chatter could be heard inside. It would be strange when the warm and comforting atmosphere of this place would be transformed into something so dark. The deal, however, was the last thing on Kylo's mind.

You were performing tonight. His little swan.

Well, his little swan would become the Sugarplum Fairy for tonight. Kylo must have spent endless hours on the phone with you whenever he could. Somehow he never got sick of hearing your stories, no matter how long-winded they were. Now he was determined to see you before the show.

Kylo freezes at the muffled sound of music coming from one of the doors nearby. From how much you talked about it and the amount of videos you had excitedly sent, he knew the music well.

"Snoke?"

With a sigh, his boss nods stiffly at him. "Ten minutes."

Kylo doesn't hesitate. He hurries towards the door from which the music grows louder from. He quickly pushes it open, leaning against the door frame as a small smirk grows on his face. You hadn't seen him yet. You were too busy practicing in the small practice room. Your movements were perfect and graceful in his eyes, but he could see the frustration growing within you.

"Watch your arms," your teacher shouts over the music, clapping her hands in time to the counts. "Arms, (Y/N). And... extend... back to fifth and-"

You lose your balance and come down at once, chest heaving as you try to catch your breath. Your teacher sighs and signals for the man behind the piano to wrap it up. "I'm sorry..."

"Work on it before the show starts. I want you in hair and makeup in twenty." She nods stiffly and brushes past Kylo, not bothering to question him.

This time, you see him. The defeat in your eyes suddenly clears out as you break into a grin. Kylo huffs as you throw your arms around him. He rubs your back awkwardly but is thankful for the closeness.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," you sigh as you pull away and sink onto the ground to untie the ribbons of your shoes.

Kylo stuffs his hands into his pockets, shrugging. "You looked fine to me."

"Until I fell." You raise your eyebrows.

"Until you fell," he agrees.

You tug at your practice tutu in frustration. "I'm just totally... out of it today. I don't know why."