~The Bartender-Clyde Logan~

Summary: you've had a long day of work and you realize that you could use a drink. That's when you meet Clyde Logan and immediately grow attached to him.

~

The faded red sign of the Duck Tape comes into view as the twisting road rounds the corner. It was like a beacon of hope in the night to weary travelers. Even with its small windows lined with neon green lights and its tacky wooden panels, it was inviting and comforting. The darkness had already engulfed West Virginia; bathing it in inky night and shadows. A few headlights whizzed past on the road every once in a while, but other than that the little town was mostly quiet.

Your hands tighten around the leather-bound wheel of your old Ford Talladega. The car was one of your pride and joys, and rightfully so. You worked hard for it and it had paid off. This town wasn't really the type for flashy things and expensive clothing. There was no shortage of rednecks or people that prided themselves in their country. Although you had grown up here, your desire to move elsewhere had grown over the years.

Unfortunately the only way to do that was to work even harder. That meant taking longer shifts and working multiple jobs. For now you were working at a little clothing boutique and as a waitress. Today had been one of the longest days so far. One of your coworkers had come down with something, which meant you had gotten the call around six in the morning. It was now approaching midnight and you had just gotten off of work.

Now the only thing on your mind was getting a drink and a bite to eat. With a heavy sigh of relief, you swirl the wheel around to pull into the lot of the bar and grill. The dirt and stones crunch beneath the car's tires as it rolls to a stop. You turn off the engine, pull the key free, and duck out of the car as you step out. There were only eight or nine other cars parked in the lot, which wasn't too bad considering it was a Friday.

As the door rushes open, it brings a refreshing burst of warm air. Your feet were aching from being crammed in your heels all day and now you longed to sit down. You give the place a quick once-over; wearily glancing at the men scattered around. Most of them were playing darts, sitting around the bar, or playing pool while laughing and drinking. As long as nobody tried to approach you, you weren't going to have any problems. A jukebox in the corner was playing a low jingle, but you didn't pay much attention to it.

You brush your hair out of your face as you approach the bar. Bracing your palms against the counter, you push yourself onto one of the high bar stools. Another heavy sigh of relief from you catches the attention of the bartender. He turns around with an empty glass in one hand and a towel slung over his shoulder. You notice at once how attractive he is. Unconventionally so, but attractive nonetheless.

His raven hair nearly touched his shoulders, but it was swept neatly out of his face. Small beauty marks were scattered across his delicate ivory skin. His eyes were deep brown with hints of gold and his prominent nose fit his face perfectly. Trimmed back facial hair surrounded his full lips. You were so entranced with his features that you hadn't even noticed that he was missing the lower portion of his left arm.

"What do ya like?" His deep, drawling voice snaps you out of your daze.

Something strong. "Whiskey." You reply quickly. "On the rocks, please."

The bartender flashes you a small smile, showing off the dimples around the corners of his mouth. It made you feel a little faint. Not wanting to seem like you were staring, you look away as he pours ice into the short glass. He worked quicker than you thought. A few seconds later, you hear the scraping of the glass getting pushed across the bar to you. You give him a smile and a 'thank you' as you tip the drink back.