~Caretaker-Kylo Ren~

Request: sick Kylo with reader taking care of him.

Fluff, fluff, fluff

Kylo Ren knocks the snow from his boots as he ducks out of the transport shuttle. As he walks through the sleek hanger, he leaves a trail of wet foot prints. That wetness from the snow had already seeped its way through his clothing. It covered his skin in a layer of cold. He wouldn't admit or dare to show it, but his teeth were chattering quietly behind that mask. His black cloak that usually flowed and snapped at his heels now felt as though it weighed a ton. Both it and he were soaked to the bone.

That's what he got for not listening to you yesterday morning.

The moment you had found out that he was leaving for Hoth, you begun setting out thicker robes for him. Filled boots, fur-lined gloves, the works. But Kylo, being the hard-headed man that he was, left without them. He had insisted that it wasn't going to be 'that cold.'

If he got sick now--he could already feel a cold coming on--then you would never let him live it down. Wanting to protect his own pride, Kylo would simply not tell you about it. He usually couldn't wait to come home to see you, secretly of course, but now he was dreading it. You always saw right through him.

Kylo's gloves squeak as his hands roll into fists. He ignores the murmurs of "Supreme Leader" as he storms through the corridors of the Finalizer. The hilt of his lightsaber bumps rhythmically against his hip from its place on his belt as he walks. A familiar feeling of relief washes over him when he reaches the door to your shared quarters. He could sense your presence just on the other side.

As the door slides open for him, Kylo takes two steps inside before he is attacked by a pair of arms flinging around his neck. His arms automatically snake around your waist, pulling you in as you cling to him. For the longest time, signs of affection was something Kylo avoided. He quickly learned that pushing you away would only result in a bad mood. He wouldn't openly admit it, although he was sure you already knew, but he rather enjoyed your arms around him now.

"Eurgh!" You exclaim, pulling away but grabbing onto his hands. "You're soaking wet." A smirk tugs at your lips. "You look cold."

"I'm not," he says gruffly.

You follow after him smugly as he raises his hands to the sides of his mask. It releases with a short squeal of air, allowing him to free the thick locks of black hair that you adored so much. Kylo turns to face you, eyes roaming over your body.

"What's that look?" He approaches you as menacingly as always, but you don't budge. He hadn't been expecting you to either.

"Admit it. You're cold and regretting not taking my advice." You cross your arms, keeping up that playful tone.

"Hm." He tips your chin up. "Are you going to keep being a smug little brat about it or are you going to kiss your Supreme Leader?"

A smirk tugs at his lips as you rock forward on your toes, wrapping your arms around his neck. Kylo had to bend to kiss you and you always liked to pull him down, but he didn't mind. With his plush lips practically glued to yours, he wraps his arms around your waist once more.

"You taste like cookies. Have you been baking again?" Kylo hums as you pull away.

You nod with a cocky little smile. "I also made some soup in case you came home sick. Maybe it's a good thing I did."

"I'm not sick." He huffs.

Kylo Ren wakes up the next day with a fever. He knew it to be so the moment he had awoken with sweat-soaked sheets and a splitting headache. Still, his pride was on the line. While you were bustling around the quarters to get ready for your long day on the command deck, Kylo was trying his best to look energetic. Well, as energetic as he usually was. He sniffles, clearing his throat as he ducks into the bathroom.