~Black Swan-Kylo Ren AU~

Swan Lake. A tale about the White Swan and the Black. The White Swan is gentle, innocent, and delicate. The Black Swan is seductive, calculating, and manipulative. Little do you know landing that role will change your life forever when you catch the eye of a special guest.

(Kudos to my fellow dancers for this one)

~

You wet your lips and take a deep breath in as you brush your fingertips over the scratchy white edges of your tutu. The small flap in the curtain gives you a view into the audience, but you don't use it. Knowing how many people were staring at you only made you more nervous. Once you were out on stage, the adrenaline rush would kick in and then everything would be fine. But until then? Your heart would rattle in your rib cage.

Your fingers lift to quickly check your hair, which was pulled back in a tight bun behind a white headpiece. Any second now, the corps de ballet would sink to their knees and your cue would arrive. Since you had begun dancing with the Imperial Ballet, you were lucky enough to dance other lead roles. Don Quixote and Giselle were your most recent. They were all difficult ballets, but every second of brutal training was worth it.

Although you had warmed up before, you shake your arms out to loosen them up. Propping your foot up, you put pressure onto the box of your pointe shoes. They were brand new and just recently broken in. That was a little risky, but sewing them before a show helped you calm down.

Your eyes lift back up to the stage, which was beginning to fill with a light layer of white smoke. You bend down and brush your fingers against the stage and onto the tops of your shoes. That had become your little ritual before. It was as though you were connecting the stage to your shoes. Every time a ballerina went up on pointe, she was taking a risk. And yet here you were, doing what you loved.

With a pretty little flourish, the music changes pace to cue you in. You take a deep breath and plant a softened expression on your face. You push off from the wings and delicately step onto the stage. The heat of the stage light greets your skin and your body takes over as your mind shuts down. Now everything was muscle memory and rushes of energy.

Just with that one step onto the stage, you were no longer the girl you were before. Now, you were the White Swan.

~

"Your private box, sir." The man dressed smartly in a white tux gestures through the dark red, velvet curtains.

Snoke gives him a curt nod and steps onto the balcony. He settles himself into one of the cloth seats and folds his hands in his lap. His gaze shifts from the stage back up to his apprentice as Kylo Ren takes the seat just beside him across the narrow steps. By now, the ballet was already halfway through and Snoke couldn't care less. The ballet wasn't why he was here.

As though he could read his mind, Kylo leans forward and whispers, "remind me why we're here again."

"I thought you would enjoy the ballet, Ren." Snoke jokes rather coldly, his pale eyes glittering. "No? Well then if you must know, I own this place." He scoffs softly. "Oh don't give me that look. The theater has been in my family for generations now. I've kept it around because it's a good cover."

"Cover?" Kylo arches a brow.

"It's a good source of income, I must admit." Snoke's lip curls, his eyes glued to the dancers on the stage. "But this? No one would suspect this place. I come and go as I please but if I'm being truthful, most of my.... business deals take place here. That's why you're here."

Kylo Ren's full pink lips press together as he reaches into the depths of his suit jacket. His fingers graze the cold metal gun resting snugly in its holster. Snoke had been rather vague about why he needed it but it was all becoming clear to him now.