Chapter 3: Zora's domain

With each step you took across the bridge, you felt more confident about seeing the Zora's again. It was the first time you were visiting since you were younger, and even now you could only remember a couple things from the occasion.

You greeted all of the Zoras as if you were just a normal traveler- formalities would have to wait until you met with the king.

You got up to the top of the stairs, and was immediately welcomed by laughter and glasses clinking. You saw a large blue zora in the center of the room, looking down at two guards who were laughing.

"Now, Lev, Riezo, I- Oh!" The zora appeared startled by your presence, and the other two just gave you a quick glance.

"Please state your name and business with the king." The zora on the right said.

"Now, Riezo, it's quite alright. No need for formalities at this time."

"I'm _____. I've come on behalf of my sister, Queen Amirah." You bowed to the king and he and the guards gasped.

"Princess _____! What can I help you with?"

"My sister has requested me to come train with and watch the progress of potential champions since we've recently been worried of Ganon's return." The king thought for a moment before looking to his guards.

"Sir Riezo, Sir Lev, please excuse the princess and I for a moment." The guards nodded and took their leave. "What signs do we have of Ganon's return drawing near?"

"My brother in law has told me people have been seeing monsters around Hyrule. It isn't exactly common as far as I'm aware, but sightings have been confirmed." You explained, pulling your cloak off your head. "I don't wish to worry you, your majesty. But we have also thought this could be a false alarm."

"I see. And you've come to seek the next zora champion? Oh, also no need for my formalities. Dorephan will do just fine."

"Alright then, my formalities won't be necessary either, you may just call me _____. And yes, I've come to find our potential zora champions." Just then, you saw a red zora leap out of the water and land on the floor, trident in hand and a content look on her face.

"Father! I've returned!" She said, walking over with a hop in her step. "Oh! I didn't see we had company, my apologies. I'm Mipha."

"I'm _____. It's a pleasure to meet you." You smiled and held your hand out and she took it without hesitation.

"I'm honored to be in your presence, princess."

"Likewise. I'm glad I got to meet the both of you."

"Mipha?" A smaller red zora came racing up the stairs, nearly tripping at the last one. He had large yellow eyes and a small blue feather on his head.

"Sidon! There you are!" Mipha smiled and held her hands out for the young boy to run into them.

"Where is the queen? Is she with you all?" You asked, unknowing of the zora's history over the past century.

"_____, I..." Dorephan paused and looked at Mipha. "Mipha, could you take your brother elsewhere for a moment?"

"Of course. Let's go, Sidon." Mipha left with Sidon and you were now confused about why he did that.

"_____, we lost her quite some time ago. I hate to share this with you now, but I wouldn't want to lie to you." He sighed and you covered your mouth.

"Oh, Dorephan, I'm so sorry for bringing it up!"

"It's alright, you couldn't have known. It was just shortly after Sidon's birth that-"

"YOUR MAJESTY! A guardian is near the domain and it's on the attack!" A guard yelled from outside, and you recognized him to be Lev.

"What?! So the rumors are true!" Dorephan began to get up but you put your hand up, stopping him.

"I'll handle it." You rushed out to where the guardian was, ready to grab your sword.

You rushed out to attack, but a red blur flew by you. And then you realized it was Mipha.

"You'll rue this day that you messed with my people!" She attacked it over and over again with her trident, putting an immense amount of power into each strike. You helped her, and within a short amount of time the guardian was defeated. "Princess! You didn't need to help me, you shouldn't be risking yourself to this."

"And you shouldn't either. But nevertheless, that performance was impeccable, Mipha." You gave her a smile and she gave one back, but the small moment you had didn't last long as another guardian came up behind you. "Oh shoot."

"What do we do?!" You both panicked as it was about to shoot, but then you heard more footsteps coming across the bridge.

"RUN, YOU TWO!" Dorephan picked up the guardian effortlessly, and threw it across the rock bridges so it took a few hits from the land before crashing into the water. "Are you two alright?"

"We're okay thanks to you!" Mipha ran over and hugged Dorephan, and Sidon ran over too. You had only been there a short amount of time, say ten minutes, and you already knew who was a potential champion.

_________
Happy New Years! Hoping 2021 will be better for us all. This is my final update in 2020, how nice😊