Chapter 5: Gerudo Town

"Princess _____! It's good to see you again." Urbosa welcomed you in with open arms, and you smiled as she hugged you.

"It's good to see you as well, Urbosa. It's been some time since we've seen you at the castle." You said, looking up at her tall figure.

"After the wedding, I've just been quite busy. Besides, it's only been a couple of weeks." She chuckled a bit, looking down at you. "I also see you brought a friend."

"Oh, yeah!" You smiled, looking at the lizard on your shoulder. "I found this little guy when I went to Goron city a couple days ago."

"Precious little creature. Does it have a name?" She asked, reaching out to gently pet it.

"Not yet, I'm still thinking." You said, giving it a piece of an apple, which it happily devoured.

"We don't see many lizards in our parts. But we do see a lot of Lizalfoes." She sighed a bit, looking out in the distance.

"Oh, actually Urbosa, that's... kind of what I came here to talk to you about."

~~~~

"An uprise in the Calamity..." She looked down at the photos. "I was fearing that's what this meant."

"Amirah and I have been searching for potential champions since we recently rediscovered the Divine Beasts." You pointed to a photo of the four of them, and Urbosa quickly took note of her own.

"Vah Naboris, I believe was the name of the one dug up in the Gerudo region."

"Yes. Vah Rudania was found in the Eldin, Vah Ruta in the Lanayru, and Vah Medoh in the Hebra." You said, reading over the document again.

"I'd be happy to help you with your search for a pilot to this Divine Beast. My soldiers and I will begin preparations for extra training right away."

"Thank you, Urbosa." You nodded, and she continued to stare at the papers as if she wanted to tear them up and hope the Calamity was just a legend or something. But then suddenly, the ground began shaking. "W-What's going on?!" She led you outside just in time to see a massive Molduga jump out of the ground and land back in way too close to the town.

"Molduking." She gasped, and you looked at her confused. "Go hide!" She directed you to safety and went back to fight the beast. She slashed her sword into it's belly multiple times before jumping up and stabbing it. It growled and buried itself back into the sand. She continued to follow it, perfectly dodging it's attacks while managing to damage it as well.

But soon enough, she became unable to fight as she had in the first few moments.

"Urbosa! Run!" You started running towards the beast, and she refused to leave.

"No! I must fight... I have to!" She continued to put up her attacks, but the Molduga had her beaten. She had to rest for a few minutes while you attacked the creature to the best of your ability. Throwing bombs and whatnot at it. But Urbosa rejoined you quickly.

"You need to- you need to rest, Urbosa!" You exclaimed, still striking the monster.

"You can't handle this alone!" She jumped up and stabbed it, dragging her sword down with her as she fell. That's when you noticed your lizard gone. And instead of on your shoulder, it was on top of the Molduga.

"What?!" It sunk it's teeth into the Molduga's head, and to that, you and Urbosa both stabbed the creaure at the same time. Killing the thing.

"There you are!" You caught the lizard as it fell, and it climbed back into your hood. "Thank you for helping." It made a small squeak, and you giggled.

"Good to know he's safe." Urbosa laughed, patting it's head softly.

"He's already a little hero." You laughed more as he licked your neck and snuggled into the back of your hood to sleep.

"Also, _____," Urbosa started, pushing some loose strands of hair out of her face. "When I said you couldn't handle the beast alone, I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that I didn't want you getting hurt at all." You smiled at her and she hugged you again. "I believe in your strength fully, princess, and don't doubt that for even a moment."

__________________

Two and a half hours

Still less than two and a half months, right? Next chapter will probs be out tomorrow or the next day