Chapter 16: Urbosa and Amirah

You dashed through the halls with a bright smile on your face as you were on your way to the throne room to greet Urbosa.

You got inside to see her talking to Rhoam, and it only took her about a minute to notice you. You waved and smiled, and she waved and walked over to you.

"Urbosa! You're here!" You hugged her, and she laughed and patted your head. "You're earlier than we thought you would be."

"Yes, I didn't think I'd be here this soon either but here I am." She smiled, resting a hand on her hip. "Now, where is the lovely Queen Amirah?"

"Right this way!" You led her down the halls and upstairs, and while it did take quite a bit of time, you eventually got upstairs to Amirah's room. "Amirah?" You lightly knocked on her door, recieving no answer. "She might be asleep. She's been pretty tired lately."

"We should let her rest then." Urbosa put her hand on your shoulder. "She's been handling a lot lately."

"No no!" You heard Amirah shout from inside. "I'm awake!" She opened the door, and her light green dress was all smooth and shiny, and her hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you're first call. Both of you, come in."

Both of you entered the dimly lit room, everything inside neat and immaculate; just as Amirah had always liked her space.

"This looks just the way it did when we were kids, Ami." You chuckled, looking for even just one misplaced object but being unable to find. "But I thought you were busy working on the nursery all morning rather than cleaning."

"I finished that yesterday. I've been bored laying around all morning so I decided to do some organizing." She shrugged, bringing her hands to her hips as she looked around the room.

"Amirah, if you're up to it, we could go out and get some fresh air. I heard about how all Rhoam ever tells you is to rest." Urbosa suggested, and Amirah gave a small smile and nodded.

"That sounds great! I'll just," She looked around the room. "I'll just get my coat." She began looking around the room, and Urbosa raised an eyebrow while you looked out the open window.

"But it's warm outside." You tilted your head and looked back at your elder sister, who quickly turned back to you and the tall Gerudo.

"Oh! Um, yes... that's right. Of course, then maybe I should change into something a bit lighter for traveling." She began to scurry to her closet, but Urbosa stopped her in her tracks by gently grasping her arm.

"Amirah, are you alright?" She asked, and the golden haired queen nodded and continued to walk. "You're awfully pale. Now tell me what's wrong."

"No no, Urbosa, I'm alright, I," She stopped at her dresser, one hand on her back and the other now resting on the top of the smooth white wood. Her eyes frantically searched the area in front of her before locking tightly on to the necklace perfectly centered there. Her pupils dilated slightly as she let out a nearly desperate breath of air. "Urbosa, we need to talk." She managed, her eyes getting glassy as she turned back to her.

"Come here." Urbosa rushed to her side, and once she had gotten there and had her hands lightly placed on Amirah's shoulders to calm her down, Amirah's emerald eyes moved back to you. Pain was written all over her face, and she looked almost scared. "_____, could you give the two of us a moment?"

"Amirah, what's wrong?" You asked, ignoring Urbosa's question. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. Suddenly, the doors behind you opened, and both women looked up. You didn't have to look to know who it was, but Urbosa glanced down at your small figure before nodding up to Rhoam. You then felt his hand gently around your wrist, and he led you out of the room. "Amirah?" You said quietly as the door was closed by the opposite hand of the one that was still holding your wrist. You recieved one more look of slight fear before the white and purple quartz got in the way, and a click could be heard as the door closed.

Rhoam brought you back to his study and you slumped down in the large cushioned chair, glaring at the king. He sat down, folding his arms over the table with a short sigh that was cut off by you.

"What's going on?" You snapped, pulling yourself up. Rhoam leaned back and removed his hands from the desk, now placing them on his lap.

"_____, that isn't our business at this time." Was all he could say.

"So you don't even know what's wrong?" You scoffed, rising from the seat. He merely shook his head no. "Well then I'm going to go ask!"

"No, _____! If this is something they want to keep to themselves, they have good reason. Now, why don't you go find something to do to take your mind off of it?"

"I would just like to know why my sister looks terrified in her own kingdom!" You shouted, and he stood up, only matching your height before the footsteps of a guard could be heard outside.

"King Rhoam? Lady _____?" She said hesitantly, "A young rito named Revali just arrived and is looking for you, princess."

"Do you know what-"

"What does he need her for?" Rhoam cut you off, adding extra unneeded annoyance to you.

"He mentioned training down at his flight range." You sighed and left the room, walking down the hall to get ready.

"Captain," Rhoam started, catching your attention enough to make you stop walking but not to turn around. "Tell Revali that _____ is taking a nap and that she'll meet him down there shortly." The guard walked off, and you could feel Rhoam's glare piercing through you, so you decided to take his 'advice' and get some rest.

So back to your room you stumbled, and you flopped on to the bed and fell asleep almost as soon as your head hit the pillow.

~~~~

"Amirah?" You stepped into your sister's room, having just woken up from your nap and deciding to check on her before you left to meet with Revali.

She herself had fallen asleep, and once you had made your way to her side, you noticed she was a lot less pale than she had been earlier. And a bit more relaxed, too.

"Ah, you've woken up as well." You swiveled your head quickly to be met with the powerful Gerudo chief standing in the doorway, and you quickly rose from your kneeled spot on the floor.

"Is Amirah okay?" You asked as she walked over to rest a hand on your head.

"Yes, she's alright. You don't need to be worried." She gently patted your head, placing her free one on your shoulder - the height difference making it an almost effortless act for her. "I'm just letting her rest for a while. She needs to stop overworking herself, especially with a child on the way."

She sat down on the end of the bed, letting out a deep but small sigh. She then turned back to you from Amirah, looking you over curiously.

"Are you heading somewhere?" She asked, leaning back on her hands behind her.

"Oh! Yes, I'm heading to the flight range with Revali. Let Amirah know where I'm at when she wakes up." You quickly hugged Urbosa before skipping over to the door.

"Revali?" She raised an eyebrow, tilting her head enough for her long red hair to slid off her shoulder and across her back.

"Yeah! He's a rito. We train together at his training space every once in a while." You shrugged with a small smile. She chuckled lightly and waved you off.

"Alright then. Have fun." You nodded and ran off to find the blue rito, hoping he hadn't left for home yet.

Also hoping this trip would ease your own worries from the earlier parts of the day.

_________________________

A quick A/N -

At the moment, I have my hands full with a ton of family stuff and moving and things like that.

Keeping up with these and my other book are getting more difficult, and I won't be promising anymore updates when there's chances I can't provide. And for doing that previously, I apologize.

So to my dear readers, I hope summer's going good for you all, and once I get the chance, everything will get updated! I appreciate you guys so much :)