Chapter 13: Are You Ready?

"Are you ready?" Amirah asked as she fixed your shoulder plate while you were trying to fix your metal glove. "_____, this is a big job. We could send a group of guards with you, and see if they'll be allowed entrance and-"

"Amirah, I don't want them to get hurt. I've done my share of training, and I promise I'll be okay." You finished readjusting your glove, but Amirah kept fiddling with the plate.

"Only if you're sure, then." She let out a deep sigh, and as you were about to turn around and hug her, a small knock could be heard on the door. "Come in." You both said.

"_____," Rhoam started as he entered the room. He was carrying his large royal sword along with it's scabbard. He handed the scabbard to Amirah, and she helped you put it on your back. "I wanted you to take this with you."

"Robbie said that it's the most powerful and most durable sword that we have." Amirah clasped her hands together, looking intently at the golden and silver blade, with perfect curves and symbols lined up on to it.

"R-Rhoam, I can't take your sword! What if something happens to it?!" You protested, but Rhoam merely shook his head and held the sword so the tip was facing downward, and touched it to the floor.

"We aren't taking any chances on your life. You're more important than just a sword, _____." Rhoam said, sliding the sword into the scabbard now tightly attached to your back. It was heavier than you expected, but nevertheless you could handle it.

"Alright, sis. Let's get you out there." Amirah led you out to the gates of the castle where your horses were waiting and gave you your bow and shield.

"Thank you." You said as you managed to get both on your back along with the large claymore.

"Please be safe." Amirah hugged you tightly and kissed your cheek. "I believe in you." She brushed a fallen strand of hair out of your face from your pulled back hair and you smiled and nodded.

"I got this, Amirah. I promise." You hugged her one more time before she went to give a quick hug and kiss to Rhoam.

"Make sure she's okay for me." He nodded and gently kissed her lips before the both of you left for the Great Plateau where you were to fight in the trial.

~~~~

"Okay, _____," Rhoam started as you got inside of the shrine of resurrection. "I have to wait out here to ensure you don't get trapped inside. Are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Yes, I'm absolutely positive." You nodded as you prepared yourself for what was to come. Rhoam opened the doors, and you hesitantly walked inside.

"Good luck!" He called, and you waved a smiled, giving a thumbs up right afterwards.

"Thank you!" And with that, the trial began.

"Dear Hero... Princess _____..."

That was it. The monk's voice.

"I am Monk Maz Koshia, instructed by the Goddess Hylia herself to choose you to complete this trial..."

"Hi!" You tried to sound chipper, and you heard a slight laugh come from the monk, something you hadn't exactly expected.

"Princess... you are to complete this trial and gain access to the hidden chambers... and retrieve the Master Sword and return it to the Deku Tree."

"Sounds good to me." You shrugged; now that you were actually in the moment of the trial it didn't seem as bad as you had anticipated it to be.

"But listen well... the dangers within this secret Divine Beast aren't of any you have ever encountered before... so I must warn you to be on alert..."

"Got it." You gave a firm nod, not caring if it was seen or not, and continued walking through the trial. Nothing seemed off so far, but you were still worried about everything that could potentially kill you.

You then saw a couple red bokoblins fighting over a piece of food, so you had the perfect chance to sneak attack them.

"Aren't of any I've ever encountered before. Yeah right." You snickered as you ran up the stairs, getting ready to swing your sword at the measly beasts. Both were taken out in one hit, and you took the food they were fighting for - an apple - and put it in your bag for later.

After going up another stair case, you were greeted by a glowing blue pedestal. You walked towards it, only to get just close enough and feel the ground shake beneath your feet and come to a sharp stop seconds later.

"This is one of the four terminals you must activate in order to open the doors for the sword. Use your Sheikah Slate."

"Sheikah slate...? Oh yeah!" You grabbed the device from your hip and looked at it. Amirah had given it to you the day before the trial, and only briefly showed you how to use it.

"Just hold it up to the pedestal."

You did as Maz Koshia said, and it lit up.

"Oh, is that it?"

"That was just step one. Now you have to complete the puzzle as follows and then do it again to fully activate it."

You were confused until you saw a water fountain that was causing the room to overflow, and a glowing orange orb sat at the bottom of it.

"Look on your Sheikah Slate for a rune called 'Magnesis'. You need that to move the direction of the water."

You aimed the Sheikah Slate at the fountain and moved it, so each hole that water was flowing from got blocked, allowing the water to now drain.

"Now get the orb."

You jumped in before it fully drained, and then grabbed the orange orb once you could reach it.

"Bring it back up."

"How?" You asked, and then you looked at the fountain, remembering you could float, and carry the orb up, if the water was running again. So you put the orb down, pulled out the Sheikah Slate, and used the Magnesis rune again the make the water flow again. "Ohh!" You then quickly grabbed the orb and began to swim back up. But once you reached the top, it slipped out of your hands and sunk back down. "Hey!"

"That's how it's- done..."

The monk said and you sighed, getting back up to block the fountain once again to go back and get the orb. This time, you were able to bring it back up without any problems, and you set it on land.

"Now put it in that hole right there."

You rolled the ball into a half rimmed hole, and it slid into the bottom, now turning itself and the surronding area blue instead of orange. The Sheikah Slate let out a beep, and you looked back at the pedestal, which was also half blue now.

"Now activate the terminal just as you did before."

You put the Sheikah Slate against it once again, and now both things glowed fully blue.

"There we go. Now, for the rest, you must figure them out on your own. I wish you luck, princess."

And then Monk Maz Koshia was gone.

You walked down the stairs, and then across a path area leading into grass.

"Helloooo? Any monsters heerree?" You called out, cupping a hand around your mouth. Nothing. Well, for maybe ten seconds. Then you got a surprise.

One- not one, two lizalfoes jumped into your way. Oh, but then a third one joined the party! And then four and five, and six amd seven... and fourteen...

"Woah woah woah, I only meant one." All of them came at you at once after you said that, and you were pretty sure you knew this wouldn't be easy. Well, you were 'pretty sure' until a loud whooshing sound entered the room.

__________________

I'm trying to go based off of both the Final Trial and the Trial of the Sword in the BOTW DLC, and while it isn't perfect its somethin :)