Chapter 28: Missing

The morning after Amirah left off to Gerudo Town, you were sat at breakfast in your own little world - still not being able to take your mind off the ring. Rhoam noticed your distraction, so finally, he mentioned it.

"_____," He started, setting down his glass. "Are you alright?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I'm fine." You sighed, spinning your spoon in your bowl. "But I have a question." Rhoam raised both eyebrows slightly now, allowing you to continue. "Do you... know anything about my parents? From before they split up."

"Well of course, I was close friends with Amirah even when you were little. Both of them were very kind from what I remember, but I wasn't around during their issues due to my missions. All I know is that your mother absolutely despised your father during the time of the divorce." He shrugged, and you sighed deeper.

"Do you know why they split up?" You asked this, and his eyes went wide and he sipped his juice and shook his head.

"No." Was all he managed, but you knew he was lying.

"You know don't you. You just don't wanna tell me." You folded your arms and leaned back in your chair, and he looked away for a moment before finally opening his mouth to answer you, but then you both heard a woman scream out in the hallway.

You ran out to find one of the maids sitting on the floor shaking with a smashed glass next to her.

"Rila! Are you alright!?" Rhoam ran over to her side, and you sat in front of her and held her hands. Her sobs made it hard for her to form a sentence, so the two of you sat with her until guards and medics came to assist.

~~~~

"Miss, we need you to tell us what happened." One of the medics said as he examined her for any wounds.

"Rila, please tell us. We want to help you." Rhoam said, and she wiped her tears and started speaking again.

"Y-Yiga..." She stammered, and you and Rhoam glanced at each other with worry and shock.

"How many? Was it an ambush? Where did they go? Any that stood out? How about-"

"Your majesty, we need to let the miss calm down before we throw too many questions at her. You and her highness can wait in the hall while we help this young lady." You and Rhoam were sent to the hallway, and he let out a deep sigh once you both got out there.

"I hate thinking the Yiga are running around now, especially while Amirah's out there in the hotspot. I mean, I'm sure she's well protected but still-"

"King Rhoam!" Captain Jacob ran down the hall, panting as he held his sword downwards against his leg. "We just recieved news that Queen Amirah has gone missing!"

~~~~

"Where do you think she's gone?!" Rhoam shouted as the captain showed him a map.

"She and Lady Urbosa were supposedly together last night, but both of them were gone by morning." He explained, and this made Rhoam even more furious.

"I thought you said she'd be well protected!" He snapped, and the captain began to mumble a bit before you cut in.

"What can we do to help find her?" You asked, and they didn't listen until you asked again. "Captain Jacob!"

"Princess, you best stay out of this." He gently pushed you out into the hall, and since Rhoam was too busy worrying about Amirah, he didn't notice or hear you calling him. "You're a bit too young."

"That's my sister! MY SISTER!" He slammed the door in your face and locked it, and you stood outside the door yelling for him to let you in.

~~~~

You put on your right glove, and then grabbed your sword, now ready to head out with the first group of soldiers that was being sent to find Amirah and Urbosa.

"_____?" You heard Rhoam's voice from the doorway, and you turned around to see him standing there, dressed and ready to leave to find Amirah. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm going out with this group to find Amirah." You stated, putting your shield on your back.

"You're going with me." He said, and you smiled to this. "We have to go now to get a head start. The army will follow us. Now, we have to leave now so let's go!" You firmly nodded and followed him out the door, and the two of you went to make sure that Amirah and Urbosa were alright wherever they were.

_______________________

I hope you guys like a little extra sPiCe on your plotlines, cuz I got some hotsauce >:3