Chapter 15: Returning The Sword

"Here we are," Rhoam started, looking in at the foggy path that supposedly led to the Great Deku Tree. "Lost Woods."

"So we just gotta get in and get out." Revali said, hesitantly taking another step to level out with you and Rhoam.

"Exactly. So let's get rolling." The three of you began strolling into the fog, straight ahead towards a torch - sparks from it flowing in one direction towards another torch. You all followed it, and then the next torch led to another, and so on.

After following the path of maybe five torches, there was a stop to the path, and a handheld torch rested up against the base of the final one. Rhoam picked it up, lit it, and then led you and Revali in the direction of the new sparks.

As you were catiously walking through, a small, blue glow caught your attention. The Master Sword glowed a bit too, and you thought you had to go to the blue thing. Mesmerized, you started walking off the trail.

"Okay, so now that we're almost there, the sword should start to show signs of life- _____?" Rhoam looked up from the Sheikah slate to see you wandering off. "_____! Come back!" You were too distracted to hear them.

"_____!" Revali glanced over and began to flap his wings. "I'll get her!" He began to fly, and Rhoam tried to stop him.

"Wait! Revali, the torch!" But it was too late, and with one more flap, the wind blew out the flame of the torch. The blue thing in front of you ran away, and you barely had time to turn around before a pink and white light flashed before you.

.
.
.

You woke up at the start of the trail again, but this time without Revali and Rhoam. You slowly brought yourself up, now noticing the sword wasn't with you anymore.

"W-What?!" You gasped, frantically looking around. "Oh no..." You looked straight ahead, realizing you messed up. "Revali?! Rhoam?!" You practically almost called out for the sword, then remembering it was an inanimate object. "Guys!"

You began running, following the torches, not even bothering to try and be fully accurate. Once you had passed the final torch, you didn't even bother grabbing another torch. You just went the way you remembered going the first time.

"Guys?" You called, stopping in a dark area, stopping to look around for them. "Where are you?" You sighed, looking down at your feet. But in the very top of your vision, you could see a blue glow fading in and out quickly. You glanced up, now seeing the Master Sword on the ground. "There you are!" You ran over to it, but as you reached out for it, two squeaks could be heard, and then the sword was on the move.

"Wha- hey!" It was too dark to see the source of the squeaks, but you knew something had to be carrying the sword. So you followed it. "Give it back!" You chased it for a good while, nearly tripping multiple times.

You lost track of it for just a few minutes, but kept running in that direction. Eventually, you made it to an area of light. You had to block it a bit since you had gotten so adjusted to the darkness, but once it settled right into your vision, you could see the sword laying on the floor in front of you. You sighed and reached for it again.

This time, it didn't start moving, so you lifted it up and breathed out relieved that you had it. But... now you were left to wonder where you really were.

"You..." You heard a voice say, startling you. "Is that the Master Sword you hold?" You looked up, immediately being met with a tree. Not just any tree. This tree had a face.

"Y-Yes." You stammered, standing you ground with the weapon tightly hugged to your chest.

"Please, bring it closer..." You slowly walked closer to the tree, and stepped up on to a triangle shaped stone pavement. "You recieved this from Monk Maz Koshia, yes?"

"Yes. I completed the Divine Trial and was instructed to bring the sword back to you." You said with a bit more confidence now.

"Yes yes, you're the one. Thank you." You bowed, and then noticed the sword glow a bit again. "Please, place the sword in it's spot before you." You saw a hole that would perfectly fit the sword, and you stood right above it, holding the sword upside down. You carefully slid it in, and then had to push it a bit more until you heard a click.

"I am thankful to see it here and safe, waiting for the hero it's bound to." The deku tree said, and you smiled a bit.

"_____!" You turned around to see Rhoam and Revali running in, out of breath and tired.

"Guys! I'm sorry!" You ran over and hugged them both, and they looked over you.

"Oh we're so glad you're okay! Where's thr sword? And the Deku Tree? And-" They cut themselves off when they looked up to see the sword in it's place and then Deku tree looking down at it. "Ohhhh."

"I'll... explain everything on the way home." You said, and they looked at each other and then at you with smiles.

~~~~

"Thank you, _____." Amirah said as she sat at the end of your bed, reaching over to put her hand on yours. "I owe you everything."

"You don't owe me anything." You said with a small smile. She sighed with a smile. "I'm glad I got to play a part in helping the future hero."

"You're the best little sister anyone could ask for." She said, leaning over to hug you. "I'll do anything in return for you, I'll... make sure you have no meetings! I'll make sure you have your favorite meals all the time! And I'll... oh! And I'll even let you help me make some of the decisions for Hyrule! And... hm... oh none of them are huge enough..." She sighed, looking at the wall. "I just... I promise I'll find some way to make this up to you."

"Amirah, you really don't need to do anything for me." You said, looking over your slightly worried sibling.

"But I want to. Please, just let me. I'll figure something out." She hugged you and you smiled, just happy that you had done something for the better of Hyrule.

__________________

Helloo :)