Chapter 24: Hyrulean Dinner

The next day...

Everyone was getting seated for the dinner, and you were stood at the door with Amirah waiting for the champion choices. First, Renzen showed up.

"Queen Amirah!" He handed her a paper, and then she looked over it. "I have to be somewhere else tonight, I'm sorry, but my older brother is taking my place. He wrote that prompt the princess gave us." Amirah nodded, and then Renzen welcomed his brother in.

"Hello your majesty!" He handed the paper to Amirah, and she read it and smiled. "_____!"

"Daruk!" He gave you a gentle hug, and Amirah rolled up his paper and handed it to Rhoam as he walked by. "It's good to see you!"

"It's good to be here! Oh, and Lady Amirah, are you sure it's alright I'm taking my brother's place?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Of course! I like how you answered the question having not been here yesterday. Please, go take a seat next to Alston." Daruk nodded and went to take his spot.

"I'm here Lady Amirah!" Jayka walked in and handed Amirah her prompt, and Amirah smiled and pointed to her spot next to Urbosa.

"Here you are, Queen Amirah." Revali handed Amirah his scroll, and she read it and laughed a bit before pointing to his spot next to Kanyen. "And how are you, Princess _____?" He kneeled down and took your hand in his wing, and you giggled and bowed too.

"Lady Amirah! I'm he-" Mipha practically ran into Revali, and she stumbled backwards, and he fell forwards into your arms. "Oh! I'm so sorry, uhm... aren't you Revali?"

"Yes, I am." He stood up, helping you up as Amirah helped Mipha up. "Aren't you Princess Mipha?"

"Y-Yes, I'm so sorry Revali." She handed Amirah her scroll, and Amirah read it and pointed to her spot next to Dorephan and Sidon.

"Don't worry about it." He gave her a small smile and she nodded and hurried off to be with her father and brother. You could tell she was nervous, and to be honest you were too. You had already been sure of your spot for a couple years now, but it was the suspense of Ganon's arrival that had you.

"Alright, Revali, _____, seats now." She had you two go to your seats, and then she turned back around to see one of the men in the spot for the sword. "Oh! Nolan, thank you. You can go sit next to _____." He nodded and walked over to sit beside you, and then Amirah took her seat on your other side.

"Hello." He said quietly, and you gave him a small wave before looking up at Rhoam, who was at the head of the table next to her. Nolan was a childhood friend of yours, but you hadn't seen him in years. Not since before Zelda was born.

"To honor the choices we have for the potential champions, a toast! To our choices, Daruk, Jayka, Revali and Mipha, and our elders, Alston, Urbosa, Kanyen and Dorephan." Everyone else around the table cheered, and then he cleared his throat. "And to the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom, our lovely and powerful queen, Lady Amirah," He and Amirah smiled at each other as she stood up, and then he turned to you. "Our new scroll holder, champion leader and courageous princess, Lady _____," Everyone clapped as you stood up, and Revali was giving you the best thumbs up he could. (Even without thumbs) "And to one we believe could hold the Master Sword and Triforce of Courage, Sir Nolan!" More cheers circled the room as the boy stood up, and then once it all quieted, you and Nolan sat down.

"Sealing Ganon once and for all is our goal, and the parts that I, my sister and husband all hold, are taken very seriously by us. We hope the champions and elders see this fight the same way." Everyone agreed and clapped, and once she sat down, dinner was served to everyone. First to Amirah and Rhoam, then to you, Nolan, the elders and the champion choices, and then it was served to everyone else at the table.

As you were eating, you noticed Revali glance over at Nolan every once in a while, and you only saw a few times as you were talking to Amirah about an upcoming monster trip.

"Hey _____," You turned to Nolan while Amirah was busy talking to Rhoam, and he sipped his drink and continued. "I was wondering if maybe I could take you out sometime?" He asked, and you almost choked on your water.

"Well, um, Nolan I'm-" You heard a fork drop on the other side of the table and then you looked to see Revali. "I can't. I'm with someone." He didn't say anything, probably not wanting to make a scene when he was trying to prove he was a worthy champion, but still glared at him. Nolan simply nodded and continued to eat.

For the rest of dinner, everything was pretty much fine, aside from the occasional glares between Nolan and Revali, but by the end of it, when everyone was standing around in the throne room, talking to each other.

"So, _____," Nolan said as he came back over. "I was wondering who exactly the lucky man was?" He asked, and even though you figured he knew the answer, you were about to tell him but then you felt a wing around your shoulder.

"I'm the lucky man, thank you very much." Revali huffed, resting his beak on your head. "You have no right asking out a taken women."

"He didn't know, Revali." You leaned back into his wing, and he held you closer to his chest.

"I'm sorry, _____. Congratulations to you both." He bowed and then was called over by Rhoam, leaving you alone with Revali.

"Okay, so now that he's gone," Even though you couldn't see his face, you knew he was smiling. "Do you think we can get out of here? We could go back to the village for the night."

"I guess we could. I'd have to ask Amirah, though." You looked up at him and he nodded.

"It's okay. I'll be outside enjoying the fresh air while I wait lov-" He stopped himself halfway and you gasped, and he got all pink and covered his face with his wings.

"Wait, did you just...?" You smiled a bit, and then heard Amirah call for you. "I'll be right back, love~" you quietly teased as you ran to find your sister. He sighed and buried his beak further into his feathers. "What's up, Ami?"

"Did I just hear him call you love?" She whispered, pulling you away from her group, isolating you both in the crowded room.

"Y-Yes, what of it?" You asked, blushing as you were surprised at the fact she heard him.

"Are you two...?" Her hand gestures finished her sentence, and you smiled a bit and nodded. "Oh, _____, I was worried this would happen." She sighed, and you tilted your head.

"Worried that what would happen? Is something wrong?" You asked, and she nodded a bit.

"You're... arranged, _____."  You shot her a confused glance. "You're not supposed to marry non-hylians."

"Why not?" You asked, folding your arms. "We barely just started 'dating', I don't see what's up about marriage anyways."

"It's hylian royal tradition that your supposed to keep the bloodline fully hylian." She explained, and you just got more frustrated.

"But I'm not the one carrying on the Hyrulean throne. You are."

"But if something were to happen to Rhoam and I, the position would move to you, so..."

"But what if you guys are fine until Zelda can take the throne?"

"Well, it's a just in case kind of thing, especially with the upcoming return of Ganon and-"

"Oh this is absolutely absurd!" You shouted, and she tried to get you to keep your tone down, but your anger heightened hers. "I think this isn't fair!"

"Well it's what comes with being a royal!" She snapped back, and a lot of the people around you both looked over, including Urbosa and Dorephan.

"Well I'm overlooked half the time as a royal, so why should I have to act like one and not be treated as one?" You hissed, and she sighed.

"I didn't make the rules, _____." She whispered harshly.

"And I don't have to follow them." You stormed through the crowd, and you could hear Urbosa call out for you but you ignored her and left alongside Revali.

This was going to take a bit of time to figure out. For the mean time, at least you had the support of Revali and Kanyen.

______________________

More drama •w~