Chapter 21: Aunt and Niece

Another year later...

"I would like a chocolate ice cream cone with two strawberries on top, please." You asked your niece, and she nodded and went to grab her plastic food to bring to you. Amirah and Rhoam had an important group session with their head army in Eldin to address the monster sightings around there, so you spent your day babysitting Zelda.

"Here!" She set the plastic ice cream in front of you and you pretended to eat it while she went back to put her other food away. You looked out the window to see barely any clouds in the sky, and you figured it would be a nice day to go out.

"Hey Zelda," You started as she took the icecream and went to put it away with her others. "You wanna go for a walk?"

"Ya!" She beamed, and since you were both already ready, you got Archie and took them downstairs, let Captain Adrian know you were leaving for a bit. The three of you strolled through the castletown, and then went even further into Hyrule Field.

She ran around and rolled in the grass, giggling as she played with the butterflies. You sat down with your dog and watched her, enjoying the gentle breeze in your hair. You were lost in thought about hoping to visit Rito Village before the end of the week, since it had been a while since you saw Revali.

"Auntie!" You snapped out of your daze to see Zelda and Archie on the hill across from you; she was pointing out towards a small pack of Bokoblins, and Archie was barking at them, and you quickly got up and ran over to where she was.

"It's okay, Zel." You grabbed your bow and aimed a bomb arrow towards them, and then shot it off. It exploded and killed all four of them, and Zelda grabbed your leg. "They're getting more common." You sighed and patted Zelda's head, and she kept looking out at the area the smoke was. You picked her up and took her back to where you were originally, and sat her down next to you.

She continued to play in the grass, and you looked out across Hyrule at Death Mountain, wondering how Amirah and Rhoam were doing with their trip. Then you looked back at Zelda, who had her back facing you.

"Look!" She turned to you, and a frog leaped out of her hands and on to your lap. "It's a froggy!" She grabbed it again and held it up to you, and you laughed as it ribbited and leaped on to the ground. Archie growled at it a bit, and you pet him to let him know it was fine.

That's also when you felt something cold against your shoulder, and you looked over to see your lizard laying on it looking down on the frog. You pet his head with two fingers, and the frog began to hop away, leading Zelda to chase it around. Archie leaped and began chasing it too, and you just sat and watched with a smile on your face.

~~~~

"And then, the hero stabbed him right in the head, and he turned into stone. Then the king-"

"_____?" Amirah walked into your room since the door was already open, and she smiled when she saw you and Zelda cuddled up on your bed reading a book.

"Hey sis!" You smiled, closing the book and setting it down next to you. Zelda smiled and quickly climbed out of the bed and ran towards her.

"Mommy!" Amirah swooped her up into her arms and kissed her cheek. "You're home!"

"How was the trip?" You asked, looking over the golden haired queen. She was in full silver and light blue armor, and it had scratches and scars covering it.

"It went well. We're discovering new strategies to find and kill these monsters, which is good." Zelda nuzzled her head into her mother's neck, and Amirah gave her small pets. "What did you two do today?"

"We went out to Hyrule Field and spent some time out there." You told her, getting out of bed to walk over to her.

"There were monsters!" Zelda exclaimed, throwing her arms open with huge eyes.

"Really?" Amirah's eyes widened at the young princess before she turned back to you. "How many?"

"Only four bokoblins. They weren't a problem." You shrugged, and Amirah nodded.

"If you knew how many monsters we fought today you'd be surprised." She chuckled a bit, and then you saw Urbosa walk up behind her.

"Your sister was quite the warrior out there, _____. It's been some time since I've seen her fight that passionately." She remarked, and Amirah giggled waved her hand as if it were nothing.

"I didn't know you were with them." You said as you walked over to hug Amirah.

"Of course I went, I want to be able to help with our monster situation." You then hugged Urbosa, who had similar armor to Amirah's just lighter and gold instead of silver.

"Alright, Zelda, I believe it's your bed time. _____, thank you so much for taking care of her today." Amirah hugged you and you smiled.

"Anytime." You folded your arms and looked at the princess, who giggled as Urbosa rustled her hair. "I can get her to sleep if you want."

"It's alright, _____. You deserve some free time for now. I appreciate the offer, though." She hoisted Zelda a bit higher on to her hip since she slid down a bit. "Say goodnight, dear."

"Night-night!" She waved as Amirah took her to her room, leaving you and Urbosa in her doorway.

"I have to go downstairs to speak with Rhoam and our guards, but when we're done, you can come down and the four of us can spend some time together. I'll call for you."

"Okay!" She rustled your hair before heading downstairs, and you heard a chirp behind you. You turned around to see a bird holding a letter, and you ran over to grab it. The bird flew away, and you unrolled the scroll, and started reading.

Dear _____,

When are you coming back to the village? It's been a while, and I learned some things I wanna show you so bad! There's no rush, though. Not saying I don't miss you, because I do! I hope you'll come soon anyways, I've been a bit lonely with Eagle and Parro not here, and I need your company.

- Revali

You noticed he did his name in cursive, and you smiled and was proud of how good he did it.

While you waited for Urbosa to call you, you got some things ready so you could head to the village in the morning to see your rito friend.

_____________________

What's up readers😎