Chapter 18: Home

"It's so good to be home." Amirah flopped down on her bed with a smile, embracing the softness and warmth of her blankets. You walked in with Zelda in your arms, and sat down on the bed next to your sister. "I've missed this bed."

You gently stroked your niece's light hair, and she stretched out and opened her eyes while yawning. It was only seconds after that she started fussing a bit. "Oh, Zelda it's okay, shh..." You tried to comfort the tiny child, and Amirah sat up slowly and yawned.

"I should feed her." She carefully took Zelda into her arms, and she only calmed down a bit at the familiar sight of her mother. "You're okay, Zelda, you're okay."

"_____?" Rhoam walked into the room, with four scorlls in his arm and his other hand slightly pressed against the door, and a blanket was over his shoulder and he looked a bit tired. "Are you available to come with me to the meeting to reunite the scrolls?"

"Yes, I am." You patted down your dress as you stood up, pushing your hair off your shoulder before turning to face both him and Amirah - but more him.

"But you aren't. Darling, come here." Amirah reached her hand out for his, and he walked over and took it happily. "You need to get into that new outfit I had made for you. _____, you can get ready and head down there. I'll send Rhoam shortly."

"Okay!" Rhoam handed you two of the scrolls, considering how large they were you couldn't carry all four. Water and lighting; the Zora and Gerudo. "Oh, and Amirah?" You asked before leaving.

"Room thirty eight, down the hall that way and then a right. Tell Captain Adrian that the king is close behind you." You thanked her and began heading down the hallway, happily carrying the two large scrolls in your arms.

You made a quick stop at your room, setting the two down on your bed before going to find the right attire for the meeting.

Once you were changed and ready, you walked back out to see the scrolls were glowing the color of their element. Thinking nothing really of it at the time, you picked them back up and continued heading towards Captain Adrian's chambers.

On your way, you thought you could hear unfamiliar laughing, and as you were busy looking around for the source, you failed to notice the cards under your feet. After nearly slipping on them, you stopped to examine them.

That's when you heard the laughing right in front of you.

"Do you know who the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom is?" You looked up to see two people - both completely dressed in red and black with white masks that had a symbol quite similar to the Sheikah eye.

"Doesn't everybody...?" You shrugged, and they looked at each other before back at you, only holding their weapons closer now. "Ahh! I um... would love to chat all about her but-" Suddenly, the Gerudo scroll turned a bright yellow and both of the men were electrocuted. You stumbled backwards in shock, watching as they cried out in agony.

You looked down at the two scrolls, watching the yellow fade away and the blue one begin to glow. They tried to stand up after a few long seconds, now even more furious and pointing their daggers straight at you, one even attempting to throw his.

"No!" You yelled, throwing your hand out in an open palm as your only defense, and closed your eyes tight as your swore it was the end for you. Alas, instead of the feeling of a dagger piercing through your hand, you heard a splash, and opened your eyes to see water wrapped around the dagger in mid air.

You and the men both stood there surprised - no one moved even an inch for what felt like minutes on end.

Finally, both scrolls began glowing together, and the two men noticed but you didn't. They electrocuted and drenched the boys at the same time, and both screamed before poofing off into nothing. You gasped and fell backwards, landing on your back with a painful thud.

But there was no time to waste, you had to inform Rhoam immediately!

~~~~

In Captain Adrian's chambers you waited, for what was a good solid ten minutes or more for your brother in law to show up.

"My apologies, Captain Adrian," The tall king entered the room, the fire and wind scrolls in his arm as he bowed to the captains and guards. "The queen and I had a bit of an... issue with a thing or two, so please excuse the late arrival."

"No worries, your majesty. All is well so long as we have as much of our royal administration here as possible." Adrian bowed down to Rhoam, and was about to speak again, but you couldn't help the words from bursting from your mouth.

"I was able to control the scroll's power!" Everyone in the room looked at you blankly as you stood up, but the only attention you wanted was Rhoam's. He stared at you for a good few moments, and then glanced at the scrolls before tilting his head back at you. Then he started laughing. "W-What's so funny?"

"Oh, _____, of all of your silly antics this one's given me a good laugh." He set his two down on the table in the center of the room before looking back at you with a smile.

"Why?" You started to get a bit frustrated, and with your question only came more laughter.

"The power in these scrolls haven't been able to be controlled in thousands of years. They aren't just going to activate with use by any hylians. Even the triforce queens of the past haven't been able to activate them." He chuckled a bit more.

"But they worked! These two guys with masks were threatening me and asking about the 'Triforce of Wisdom', and the electricity and water actually worked on them!" You exclaimed, and this time his smile dropped and he turned back to you with a glare.

"Men with masks? _____, what did they say about the Triforce of Wisdom?" He practically growled this at you, goddess, what DID put him on your level?

"They were asking about who held it, and-"

"And did you tell them?" He snapped, leaning over the table.

"N-No, I didn't." You stammered, now confused and scared and wishing Amirah was by your side. "I figured they knew, doesn't everybody?"

"Well most people do know that your sister, my wife, and their queen holds the Triforce of Wisdom, but the only people that don't know are the-"

"Rhoam?" Amirah's soft voice sliced through the tension filled air like a knife gently cutting through butter. She looked between you and her husband with a worried look on her face, and you both stopped your arguing to calmly face her.

~~~~

"What's this all about?" Amirah whispered, slamming her bedroom door to be alone with Rhoam- having laid Zelda down for her nap in her room and making sure you were in your room. She figured you were far enough away not to hear anything, but one thing she forgot was that the vents connecting your rooms had been opened earlier in the day and not closed.

So you could hear every word of what they were saying. But it technically wasn't your fault, right?

"This is about what _____ apparently witnessed earlier! She said two strange men in masks approached her, asking for the whereabouts of the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom." He explained, and you could hear chains jingling as he walked.

"And?" She hissed, and you could practically feel the heat of her own anger beating against your cold skin from where you were.

"There wasn't a good enough description from her, but men in masks curious about the Triforce is as good as any to know we could be dealing with the Yiga Clan here!" You heard Amirah sigh deeply, and from there on out it was total silence on their side. Leaving you to sit and wonder.

What was the Yiga Clan...?

_______________________

Hiya readers! I've been working on and off with this one, and I'm beginning to sculpt a decent plan for the future of the story as I go along ;)

Exciting, right? :)