What to Believe

So….. Hi. Long time no see. If you read my Heroic author note you'll know I went through something traumatizing and only Jeffrey and Jordan know what it is. Again boys, I'm sorry for sending like a 20 page message of me venting. I don't have enough energy to retype my message to you two or to reply to reviews today. So if you're wondering what my message to Jeffrey and Jordan is, it's on ch 7 of my story Heroic. All I can say is I love you two with all my heart.

Happy New Year everyone! And let's hope this year is better!

Outside in the garden, two teens were happily sword fighting.

"Engard!" Boyd swung his sword forward nearly poking at Lizzettes chest. In a split second, the girl clashed her sword against his and held it in place. She pushed against his sword as he did the same, trying to hold back some of his strength to not hurt her. Lizzette gave a fun smile and rolled her eye's.

"First of all, it's touché not engard when you get a touch. Second of all, don't you dare hold back on me," Lizzette pushed his sword away and posed in another fighting position.

"I can't, if I give it my all I can….." Boyd was interrupted when Lizzette tried to strike a hit on him.

"Don't worry about me, mother trained me to be the best of the best," Lizzette swung her sword towards Boyd's head making him douge and fight back," She hired an engineer once to create a robot to fight me. You should've seen it! That thing was mercilessly trying murder me until my father had to intervene."

As she spoke she continued to swing her sword left and right. Boyd calculated her every move, making sure to block every one of her moves. He blocked her sword from the right and pushed her back, this time not holding back. His strength was enough to push Lizzette back but the girl simply smiled and made herself in a ball. She rolled backwards and was able to push herself back on her feet.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Lizzette laughed in glee making the robot smile. Lizzette again swung her sword towards the boy.

"So your mother taught you everything?" Boyd asked in some disbelief and curiosity.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Lizzette asked, still considerate in the fight.

"It's impressive to think your mother taught you everything you know," Boyd explained, "Sword fighting, archery, defense, bilingual…"

"Quadrilingual," Lizzette happily corrected him, "English was my first language. I learned Greek around 6 years old I believe, French and Spanish when I turned 10."

"And you know music and dance, where did your mother find time to teach you all that?" Boyd asked.

"My mother was just the best," Lizzette spun her sword against Boyds and swung it out of his hands. The sword landed a good distance away from him causing him to be impressed. Lizzette giggled at his expression before speaking again, "Mother helped me a lot throughout my life. Father was always working so it was only her and I in this life. She always told me life is too short to be spent on low class skills like cooking or cleaning. So she always made sure I learned higher class skills."

"Huh, you can sword fight, speak multiple languages, but you can't sweep a room?" Boyd pointed out innocently. Lizzettes nodded with a smile before realizing what he said. Her smile dropped for a split second before laughing and nudging him.