Spying

So, we're on hiatus and the most we'll wait is October. I've decided to take advantage of this and update this story every Saturday in place of the show. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that and restrain myself from updating any earlier. So expect this story to be updated around saturdays between 5 and 6 pm pacific time. Hopefully.

"I wasn't expecting our second date to be spying on your brother's date." Webby teased. She and Dewey were at a buffet and while this was a nice place for a date, they were actually there to spy on Huey on his date with Violet. Dewey nervously laughed at the mention of a second date. He never expected to date this lovable girl but here he was.

"I just want to make sure he's safe. I feel really bad for him and his relationship with Violet seems really off," Dewey said.

"Couldn't agree more. And I'm not complaining. I like to think spying should be a regular dating activity," Webby told him causing a laugh from Dewey. The two looked around the restaurant in an attempt to find Huey.

"I'll check outside," Webby said. Dewey nodded and watched her leave, Once she was gone, Dewey hurried across the place, desperately trying to find his brother.

"Where are they?" Dewey dashed across the buffet tables, whipping his gaze everywhere trying to get a glimpse of his brother, "He couldn't just disappear."

Before he knew it, Dewey slammed against another guy. All the food the guy had spilled all over his shirt and hair. Dewey panicked and pulled out some napkins nearby.

"I am so sorry sir," Dewey said as he handed him the napkins. The guy didn't seem to mind so much. He was a black and white duck with a black beak, just a couple inches taller than him.

"It's ok," He said as he picked up his plate and left. Dewey nervously looked around again, trying to spot Huey in the crowd. He then felt his phone vibrate and in a flash he checked it.

I found him! They're outside near the lake. ~ Webby

Dewey silently celebrated and replied back. He put the phone back in his pocket and ran out. Webby was at the door and the second she saw Dewey, she pointed at the lake. There they were, eating their food and laughing. To anyone else, they looked like a normal couple being all lovey-dovey, but to them, it was something much more serious.

"I'll watch from here just in case one of them leaves to get more food," Webby told him. Dewey nodded and ran towards the lake and slowed down when he thought he was close enough.

There was a tree and a couple of bushes dividing Huey and Violets' table from another table nearby. Dewey rushed to the nearby table to see a female violetear hummingbird sitting down by herself. She looked rather friendly. Gold colored glasses, small, neat hair tied in a half ponytail, and a nice school uniform.

"Is this seat taken?" Dewey asked as he grabbed the seat next to the girl. The girl looked up from her book and to him with a confused look.

"I'm sorry but my…." Dewey didn't even let the girl answer. He hopped on the chair and listened in close to Huey and Violet's conversation.

"HERO is a highly advanced computer," Huey told her as he let the little robot walk around the table like a child, "He observes everything around him and stores all the data in his memory core. For example, if he were to get in a robot fight, he would observe the opponent's moves and study how they attack. He then will strategize a new attack that'll defeat the other robot."