10 facts on India that you had no idea about

A/N- Before I start, I just want to say that I mean no offence to anyone from India (Obviously not, since I'm Indian too) These are just some things that I found out and wanted to share them.

1. India has the largest postal network in the world with over 1, 55,015 post offices. A single post office on an average serves a population of 7,175 people. The floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar, was inaugurated in August 2011.

2. The 2011 Kumbh Mela was the largest gathering of people with over 75 million pilgrims. The gathering was so huge that the crowd was visible from space.

3. Bandra-Worli Sealink has steel wires equal to the earth's circumference
It took a total of 2,57,00,000 man hours for completion and also weighs as much as 50,000 African elephants.

4. At an altitude of 2,444 meters, the Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, is the highest in the world. 

5. Shampoo was invented in India (not the commercial liquid ones but the method by use of herbs). The word 'shampoo' itself has been derived from the Sanskrit word champu, which means to massage.

6. In September 2009, India's ISRO Chandrayaan- 1 using its Moon Mineralogy Mapper detected water on the moon for the first time.

7. The first rocket in India was transported on a cycle
The first rocket was so light and small that it was transported on a bicycle to the Thumba Launching Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.

8. India has the largest number of vegetarians in the world
Either because of religious reasons or personal choices or both, around 20-40% of Indians are vegetarians, making it the largest vegetarian-friendly country in the world.

9. India was the first country to develop extraction and purifying techniques of sugar. Many visitors from abroad learnt the refining and cultivation of sugar from us.

10. Freddie Mercury, the legendary singer of the rock band 'Queen' was born a Parsi with the name Farrokh Bulsara while the famous Oscar winning Hollywood star Ben Kingsley was born Krishna Pandit Bhanji.

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

Hope you liked this chapter. If you're from India, or live there, put a little 🙋‍♀️or🙋‍♂️ in the comments.

Don't mind the picture on top-

If you have any feedback or suggestions that I could use to make this book better, feel free to message me with them!

Stay safe :)