10 mesmerising facts about Canada

A/N- Before I start, I just want to say that I mean no offence to anyone from Canada. These are just some things that I found out about Canada and wanted to share them.

1. At the northern tip of Ellesmere Island, just 817 kilometres from the North Pole, you'll find the northernmost permanently inhabited place in the world: Alert, Nunavut.

2.  Canada has the world's longest coastline. If you walked and never stopped—not to eat, not to rest your feet, not to get some sleep—it would take you four-and-a-half years to walk the length of Canada's coastline.

3.  Canada has 30 per cent of the world's boreal forest and 10 per cent of the world's total forest cover.

4. Canada only got its own flag 100 years after it became a country — on February 15, 1965.

5. The famous Canadian interjection "eh" is actually listed in the Canadian Oxford Dictionary as a valid word.

6. You can write a letter in any language and send it to the North Pole, H0H 0H0, Canada and you will receive a letter back from Santa.

7. Quebec manufactures more than 77% of the world's maple syrup.

8. The townspeople of Nanaimo, B.C. race their bathtubs as part of an annual aquatic tradition.

9. It is against Canadian law to have comics that depict criminal acts.

10. The most common last name in Canada is "Smith."

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

Did you know any of these? If you're from Canada, or live there, put a little 🙋‍♀️or🙋‍♂️ in the comments.

I'm going to do a series of 10 countries just like this one. Tell me which country to do next in the comments!

If you have any feedback or suggestions that I could use to make this book better, feel free to message me with them!

Stay safe :)