10 food facts you probably didn't know

1. The most stolen food in the world is in fact cheese. Around 4% of ALL the cheese made in the world gets stolen.

2. Bananas, cucumbers, kiwis are all classed as berries. Strawberries, blackberries and raspberries are not.

3. The stickers on fruit are edible, so you don't have to freak out when you take a bite into the sticker. Be careful, just because the stickers are edible, doesn't mean you should eat them.

4. Healthy foods cost up to 10 times as much as junk food. If you're wondering why there's an obesity crisis, here it is.

5. Astronaut John Young once  smuggled a corned beef sandwich onto his spacecraft for a six-hour mission.

6. There would not be any chocolate without flies. This is because there's a certain species of microscopic midge that is essential to the pollination of the cacao plant and makes chocolate possible. 

7. You can make diamonds out of peanut butter. You just have to recreate the conditions of the lower mantle of the Earth for weeks to create a 2/3mm wide diamond. That's only 2,200 degrees centigrade. No biggie.

8. In America, on the Fourth of July, the number of hot dogs eaten could stretch from Washington D.C. to Lis Angeles over 5 times.

9. The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12,000 dollars.

10. Ripe cranberries bounce.

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

Which one of these facts were new to you? Did any of these make you hungry? Comment!

If you have any feedback or suggestions that I could use to make this book better, feel free to message me with them!

Stay safe :)