10 interesting facts about Great Britain

A/N- Before I start, I just want to say that I mean no offence to anyone from Britain. These are just some things that I found out and wanted to share them.

1. Tea is by far the most famous drink among Brits. It is estimated that they drink 165 million cups of tea every day.

2. Standing at 1,107 feet or 350 meters, London’s Shard is the tallest object in the European continent.

3. Golf was invented in Scotland and is considered a national sport today. Sources claim that golf was created in 1457. It became prevalent that James II banned it because it interrupted with army’s practice.

4. Most people refer to the clock tower next to the Houses of Parliament as Big Ben. However, that is only the name of the 13-tonne bell inside. The actual tower is known as St. Stephen’s Tower.

5. Queen Elizabeth is the longest-reigning Queen in the world.

6. In August 1896, the United Kingdom and the Zanzibar Sultanate fought for around 40 min; making it the shortest war ever happening in history. Only 1 British sailor was injured while casualties at the other end reached 500.

7. Football is amongst the most popular games in the U.K. There are over 100 football clubs (or soccer if you will) across the country.

8. A decree in the U.K. stated that at the moment when there are at least 6 ravens at the ground of London Tower, the monarchy must fall; this rule was put forth by King Charles II.

9. There is no official religion in the U.K., but the majority of Brits claim a form of Christianity.
24-27% of the population are declared atheists

10. All horses in the U.K. must possess a passport.
⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

Hope y'all are chuffed with these facts. If you're from Great Britain, or live there, put a little 🙋‍♀️or🙋‍♂️ in the comments.

I'm going to do a series of 10 countries just like this one. Tell me which country to do next in the comments!

If you have any feedback or suggestions that I could use to make this book better, feel free to message me with them!

Stay safe :)