n i n e t e e n

two days later . . .
mia | december 20th | 4:45pm
>ravenclaw dormitories

i hadn't seen george in two whole days. not at dinner or breakfast, i hadn't seen much of fred either. the last time i had seen them was when they finally handed in their essays to professor flitwick, and walked me back to the common room. ever since then?

radio static.

i had just come out the shower when i noticed a small envelope at the foot of the door, as if it had been pushed under. throwing the towel that was wrapped in my hair into the washing bin, i eyed the letter.

hesitant, but curious, i took my bare feet over to the door and bent down to pick up the envelope. i could tell george's messy handwriting anywhere, and my heart fluttered at the thought of him writing me a letter. with clammy hands, i peeled open the top of the encasing and opened the parchment.

he had written a lot.

" Mia,

It's been two days since i have seen you, and when i tell you it has been absolute TORTURE, i'd be telling the truth. you really have a knack for showing up when Fred and i were doing everything we could to hide the from you. i thank the map for that, always giving us a passage to throw ourselves down.

You've looked so beautiful, by the way. is that black shirt you wore to breakfast yesterday yours?

oh wait. it's mine.
(i'm only kidding. i love it)

Anyway, if you're free this fine evening, it's started to snow quite heavily - and i'm deathly scared of the cold, want to help keep me warm?

If so, meet me at the astronomy tower at 5:15pm. bundle up, you don't have to dress up - (but i wouldn't be complaining) come as you are, i'd just love to see your face.

See you soon,
Love from your favourite Weasley,
George "

i hadn't realised that tears had rimmed my eyes until i blinked and one rolled over my mouth. i traced my finger over his name and felt a surge come over my heart.

i've never had anyone write me a letter like this.

i glanced at the clock and realised i had half an hour to get to the astronomy tower. I was already dressed but my hair was still really damp from my shower, retrieving my wand from the nightstand, i cast a quick drying charm and walked over to my mirror, making sure i had gotten all of my hair.

my outfit was a plain and simple 'it's snowing and i have nothing to do' - i had an oversized dark blue jumper on, which i'm pretty sure is hannah's grandfathers, and a pair of black leggings. comfortable, home-y. my hair was completely dried, i love magic.

i couldn't stop replaying the letter in my head, still holding tightly onto it as i walked over to my dresser to fish out some socks. after pulling them over my feet, i slipped on my usual black winter boots after eyeing the snow outside.

'want to help keep me warm?'

i smiled, before folding the letter back into the envelope and letting it rest on my bed. a rush of nerves fell over me as i glanced at the front of the envelope, not even noticing the way he addressed me on the front,