t h r e e

mia | september 2nd | 2:24am
>gryffindor tower

george ended up carrying me through the halls until we reached the gryffindor common room entrance. he muttered the password quietly, thinking i had fallen asleep as he walked through the common room and then he stopped and i smiled internally at his thoughtfulness.

he rubbed my back gently as he sat down on a couch in the large room, sitting slowly and cautiously - being careful to not disturb me. i moved head to nuzzle further into his neck before sighing out,

"is it morning yet?"

i felt him shake his head no, a small chuckle leaving him. i tightened my arms around his neck and cuddled him closer to my body. I knew it wasn't morning yet, due to the windows showing me the still, cold night sky above us. i just wanted to talk to him - i wanted to hear his voice.

"not yet, are you tired?" he questioned, continuing to rub my back as i nodded my head into his neck, my eyes closing again in pure bliss and comfort of him running his hands up and down my body.

"can i sleep here?" i asked, taking my head off his shoulder to look at him, opening my eyes for a second to see his response. he looked tired too, his eyes were hooded over and slowly becoming more bloodshot, however; a small smile came onto his face.

he nodded at me, shifting to get up again. i pouted at this, shaking my head no. i wanted to stay here, in his lap. i felt safe. the safest i had ever felt.

"can we stay like this for a bit longer?" i said slowly, looking straight into his eyes. he nodded softly - smiling at my words, moving back to his previous position. i gulped as i watched his tongue come out to dart over his lips as he did when we were dancing earlier.

i really want to kiss you right now.

i took this minute of comfortable silence to properly look at the boy in front of my eyes. i studied his features, looking at how his freckles that were littered across his face and neck matched the constellations that were in the night sky above us; and i never wanted to stop looking at him.

i brought my hand up to cup his jaw, lightly tracing my finger over the little mole that rested on the left side of his neck. and at this, i could feel his pulse quicken under my fingers and i smiled. i wanted this moment to last forever.

i really want to kiss you.

then, my thoughts were cut short when i heard his deep voice rumble through the silence:

"is there something on my face?" george smirked, watching the blush creep onto my face as i looked away from his eyes, realising that he had caught me staring at him. i moved my hand back into my own lap - feeling embarrassed and wondering if i had made him uncomfortable. he laughed at my awkwardness before wrapping his slender fingers around my wrist and moving my hand back where it was originally cradling his face. at this point, my heart was thundering through my ears and the feeling of his fingers around my wrist made my stomach erupt in butterflies.

"sorry" i muttered quietly, praying that he wasn't uncomfortable. "i was day dreaming again" i tried to explain myself as i looked into where our bodies met, biting my lip in nervousness. and as if he could sense my change in demeanor; he placed one of his fingers under my chin and tilted my head up so that i was looking at him again.

"you don't have to apologize, or be embarrassed, mia. i'm only messing with you" he said apologetically, his tired eyes closing in a blink as if he was trying to waken himself up.

and there we were, my fingers gently caressing his jaw, feeling the tiny dots of stubble which were littered over his neck. our eyes would meet - his tired ones meeting my hooded ones and it was taking everything i had in me to not just smash our lips together again.