s e v e n

mia | september 7th | 10:36am
>ravenclaw dormitories

a couple of days had passed since my encounter with george, and i was dreading leaving my bed today. we had spoken briefly in the halls and sometimes at dinner, but we hadn't conquered the main topic that was waiting to be brought up.

it seemed as if it was always on the tip of his tongue and he always looked ready to bring it up but every time we got close to the conversation, my hands would shake and i would come up with some elaborate lie or excuse to get out of it.

it was a saturday, and i was taking full advantage of the fact i had no classes today. i had finished all my homework yesterday and i sat looking up at the canopy over my four poster, the blue curtains were closed - shielding me away from any more embarrassment.

considering that this week had been awful, i decided to spend the whole day taking care of myself. hannah let me borrow her muggle phone, her mother gave it to her on the platform just before we left for hogwarts at the beginning of fourth year; she had been showing me how to use it since and we spoke about me getting one of my own.

it had been charmed to never run out of battery life and i sieved through the apps, stopping when i saw the little green circle — spotify. the music app.

i loved muggle music, and hannah did too. we spent the whole weekend before fourth year started last year organising our own playlists - her music was so different to mine but in the best way possible.

we practically had a playlist for every occasion; crying, getting drunk, journaling, studying, dancing, a pick me up — it had everything.

i scrolled my thumb down the screen, hunting for the playlist i wanted until i saw the big, capital lettered title flash on the screen,

SHAKE UR ASS
created by: mia :D

positions
Ariana Grande

Everybody Loves Me
Coldplay

Jenny
Studio Killers

BOOGIE
BROCKHAMPTON

Cool Girl
Tove Lo

34+35
Ariana Grande

Sorry
Beyoncè

Freak
Doja Cat

Partition
Beyoncè

Bang a gong (Get It On)
T. Rex

i moved out of the bed, as i pressed shuffle on the playlist, pushing the curtains to the side and found that nobody else was in the dorm - assuming that the rest of ravenclaw had either went to hogsmeade for the day or went home to visit their parents.

i pushed my feet onto the floor, shuddering at the coolness of the stone under my skin - yet i decided to take full advantage of the empty dorms. i swung my hips in time with the song, smiling at the sense of freedom and expression. i took my wand from the nightstand and pushed it up and through my bun on my head, deciding that today would be a full day of self care. shaving, hair washing, facemasks — the whole thing.

i guess dancing like nobody's watching really does make you feel better, huh?

i moved to the bathroom, still swaying and dancing, i pulled open the door and listened to the lyrics.

i leant over the bath, twisting the hot tap on, watching as the tub slowly filled with a small amount of bubbles. i smiled, the music still echoing through the room as i set hannah's phone down on the counter.