f i f t e e n

A/N: trigger warning: mentions of sexual assault, vomit.

narrator | 10pm
>room of requirement

george was worried. as more and more time passed without mia returning, he had decided now to seek her out - considering that she was drunk and off on her own.

he told hannah and the group that he was gonna go get another drink before he stood up and made his way in the direction of where the drinks were situated.

as he neared, his brows creased into a confused frown when he didn't spot his ravenclaw where she said she would be. however, he tried his best to not overthink and come up with outrageous scenarios and began walking quickly to different areas of the large room.

the song that was booming through the room subsided and slowed, coming to a full stop. and there was a second of silence before an introduction to a new song played, the sound of piano keys filling the air and the atmosphere shifted, george watched as he passed other students - who changed from grinding and making out to lightly swaying and smiling at eachother.

"where are you, mia?" he questioned, turning a bend into the walkway of the exit and then he saw her, slumped against the wall and huddled against herself.

he swallowed the urge to yell out and his feet carried him over to the small girl who was violently shaking and holding her knees close to her chest. his eyes darted to the floor in front of her, noticing a puddle of vomit and his eyes widened as he quickly knelt down beside her frame, his knees smashing against the concrete.

he gently put his hand on her shoulder, as softly as he could manage and he felt his heart drop when mia flinched so hardly, her whole body moved about a centimetre away from him. however, she looked at him - her green eyes burning into his brown ones.

"mia? are you alright? what happened?" he asked and she shrugged, her eyes welling up with fresh tears.

her usual bright eyes were now dull and almost lifeless to george, and he was taken back when she started sobbing, her whole body was rocking with the intensity of her cries.

"get off. get him off. please–get off!" she mumbled, her small hands coming to claw at the collar of her shirt, george furrowed his eyebrows, gently brushing her hand away from her skin as she scratched and cried, her whole body was shaking.

"get who off, mia? what are you talking about?" he asked worriedly, and he watched with concerned eyes as something clicked, her eyes shifted away from his gaze and her small hands came down to rest against the floor, where she pushed her weight onto her arms and began to rise onto her feet.

george's eyes widened as he rose up to help her stand, her chest was heaving with uneven breaths as she stood on her feet, resting her back against the wall.

she was covered in vomit. it littered the majority of her green jumper and her shoes, grazing over her bare legs and his gaze was interupted with her voice cutting through the air,

"get off, get off!" she slurred, her nails coming to claw at the expanse of the skin on her neck. harsh, angry red lines flowing in wake of her nails and staining the pale skin underneath. she was sobbing so intensely, grabbing at her face as she pleaded with herself,

"i want him off, please- get him off, get him off" she cried, her chest was heaving and george's eyes widened as he watched her try to stick her two fingers down her throat, he tried to take her hand away by wrapping his fingers around mia's wrist to try and stop her, but she jumped away from him the minute his hand grazed her body.

"mia, why are you doing this?" he questioned softly, shifting so he was now stood in front of her, looking down at her small frame as she held herself, he wanted nothing more in the world than to hold her; but in this state, he couldn't.