f o u r t e e n

mia | september 16th | 8:30pm
>room of requirement

me and george had only arrived to the party thirty minutes ago and we had already made it over to the set of couches where Hannah, Draco, Fred and a couple other familiar faces were sat. there were four couches all together, all situated to form a square in a corner of the room. george and i were lazily thrown over the couch furthest from the door, whilst hannah and draco had occupied the seat on our left but were currently on their mission to get everyone shots, fred and angelina to our right and lee sat on the couch infront of us.

the loud chatter and the blare of the music dove deeper into the room and vibrated through to where we were all seated, it sounded like hannah's own playlist of her favourite muggle songs had been shuffled. i leaned into george's side as he slung his arm over the back of the couch, two of his fingers gently grazing my shoulder.

"what in the fuck are those in your hair, george?" fred asked, leaning forward and squinting his eyes and as i leaned my head up slightly to see the little clips that were still secured in george's hair, striking against the redness that made up the strands surrounding it. i watched as he brought his index finger up to poke at them, and replied to his brother with the exact same sentence i had used hours prior when he asked me what those very clips were.

"they're clips" he said in a tone that was as if he was stating the most obvious thing in the world, "pretty cool, right?" he said confidently and watched as his brother nodded, but furrowed his eyebrows slightly in confusion and i watched as george's face fell into a small frown.

i pushed my body further up the couch so i was now sitting up properly, before i leaned in and whispered in george's ear a word of reassurance,

"i love them. they look cool"

seconds after i had said this, hannah and draco returned with hannah carrying nine shot glasses and draco had three bottles of firewhiskey in his arms. when he saw the look on my face he quirked up his eyebrow and said simply,

"perks of being the 'heir to slytherin' i guess"

hannah threw one of the small glasses in my direction of the couch and as i caught it, i passed it to george before catching the next one she threw and kept it in my hand. Draco passed the bottle of alcohol to me as he held it by it's neck and waited until i had shifted the shot glass to sit in my lap and he let go of the bottle once it was secured in my hand.

everyone was carefully pouring their shots, hannah managed to spill hers down herself but she didn't really seem to care, as she held her hand in the air, toasting everyone on the couches.

"i am so ready to get fucked up tonight and i hope everyone, especially you.." she waved her glass in my direction and everyone laughed and copied her, i smiled and raised my glass in response,

"—gets absolutely ruined tonight. cheers!" everyone tipped their heads back in unison and everyone except draco coughed after swallowing the drink. I smiled up at George as he picked the bottle back up off of the table and started to pour another shot for the both of us; after the small glasses were full, he set the bottle on the table and turned to face me.

"here's to getting absolutely ruined tonight" he smirked and i bit my lip as our glasses clinked together and we both tipped our heads back at the same time. the liquid burned my throat and i let out a cough as it slid down and settled warmly in my stomach. i smiled.

then, in the blink of an eye, the music had changed and i watched as Hannah's eyes widened and she quickly brought her glass up to her lips and threw her head back as she swallowed her second shot.

umbrella by rihanna.

"mia, this is our fucking song!" she shrieked and my eyes widened when she rushed over to grab my arm to pull me up off the couch away from George, she yanked me up towards her and i watched as she extended her arm towards Draco, urging him to give her his shot.