e l e v e n

updated A/N: march 26th 2021 — at first i decided to depict taylor to play ben barnes and whilst there are photos of him within this chapter, i don't feel the need to put a proper, official face to his name. taylor can be whoever you picture him to be.

mia | september 8th | 4pm
the astronomy tower

"mia?"

fuck. fuck. i cannot do this right now, why does he always fucking manage to find me?

i quickly rose to my feet, turning away from his voice and wiping furiously under my eyes. darting my bleary eyes around the space in front of me, essentially looking for an escape. but, to no avail; there was none.

"i can't talk right now, george" i said, trying to contain the waver in my voice. i heard him sigh and as his footsteps neared closer; i felt sick to my stomach, hands were shaking and my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.

"mia, please talk to me" he said warily and i couldn't help the sob that racked it's way up my throat; and the way my body shook when i felt his hand on the back of my forearm was almost embarrassing. However, my body followed through with the movement of him gently pulling me around to face him.

i didn't look at him, i focused my gaze intently on a little bit of loose thread hanging from the left shoulder of his shirt. he brought his hands up to my face and gently nudged my head up so i was looking at him. the second he saw my face he uttered in a voice so sad it made my eyes well up as the words left his mouth,

"oh, love. come here,"

he pulled me into his chest and i cried as the sobs racked through my body, i brought my arms up to wrap around his neck; i closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder as his arms wrapped around my back soothingly. he swayed my gently as i cried and i gripped his shirt as my mouth opened in silent sobs.

why was he always doing this? he was always, without fail comforting me for something stupid like this. i need to stop being overly emotional, what if george was going through things of his own but he couldn't deal with them because of me? what if he was only here because he felt obliged to be?

at my own stupid thoughts, i cried harder into his neck. He continued to comfort me the best he could, rubbing his hands up and down my back soothingly and muttering reassuring words into the air around us,

"i've got you, angel. you're okay"

"i'm right here, mia"

"shh, you're safe"

i listened to his words and everything was happening so fast i couldn't keep up with myself when i choked out,

"this is so burdensome, george. why are you even h-here?" and as soon as the words left my lips, his hand movements stopped and he gently peeled me off of him, his hands encased around my face as his brown eyes started into my bleak, green ones,

"burdensome?" he repeated, his tone laced with confusion and i nodded my head, my lips lightly trembling. he scoffed at this, and brought his head down to be totally level with mine; as if he could sense how small and insignificant i felt in that moment.

"mia- where is this coming from? please, talk to me; i want to help" he pleaded and i sighed, looking down at the ground; however, when i looked back up at him- his eyes were teary too.

it felt as if my heart had shattered.

"i don't deserve you, george" i said, and before he could interrupt me; my eyes welled up and suddenly i had lost all my self control.