t h i r t y - o n e

i'd like to apologize in advance, please don't hate me </3

narrator | may 31st | 10:21am
>ravenclaw dormitories

with the weeks leading up to their final exams flying in quicker than they could've imagined — mia hadn't seen george properly in days. she was caught up with the properties of how to brew the perfect love potion, alongside fretting with mcgonagall as she told her the plans she had for leaving hogwarts — it was all very sudden and very overwhelming.

minutes after leaving the great hall after her last exam, a text rumbled through the pocket of her jeans after her phone had been turned back on and mia saw a singular message from hannah that read simply,

han

han: @ draco's dorm, won't be back til late ttyl <3

she didn't bother to reply, knowing that hannah's phone was most likely shoved off the bed in a hurry as she spent time with her lover.

as she entered the stone stairwell leading up to the dorms, she pushed the door open lazily to find a singular envelope laying adjacent on her bedspread.

her heart dropped when she saw it. turning and closing the door as she led herself toward the bed, nervously bringing her finger up to her mouth to chew at her fingernails. she could see the logo printed on the top left corner.

was this something she was going to do alone?

she figured the answer to be yes when the dormitory rang quiet when she called out for hannah, forgetting that she was with draco.

with a sigh, she brought herself over to her bed and sat down — she thumbed at the wax seal on the back of the envelope to find the familiar signature of thorn publishing & co on the back, matching the one on the front.

her fingers trembled as she broke the seal, before she was bringing the letter out and turning it over before she could read the words printed on it.

she took a breath.

"regardless of what's in there — the point is that you tried. you put yourself out there" she reassured herself, before turning it over.

"miss mia collins,

it is with my greatest enthusiasm that i offer you an opportunity to attend the final stage of the recruitment process for the full time internship here with us at thorn publishing & co.

there are six other candidates in line for the position, so i invite you to attend the interview process on MAY 31ST at 12:30PM.

should you be able to attend this interview, i look forward to meeting you and learning more about you as a person overall.

[no resume is required. however, it would be ideal if you were able to provide some examples of your own personal writing - regardless of what it may be.]

i thank you for your choosing of thorn publishing!

kind regards,

rose. p - owner and chief publisher for thorn publishing & co."

there was no way. she heard herself gasp before the words slipped from her lips,

"holy shit"

in no time, she was grasping the letter and holding it up to her chest. things were falling into place for her — slowly but surely. however, she wondered why there was such urgency. perhaps they needed someone desperately?