t w e n t y - e i g h t

[this chapter is dedicated to my two best friends in the entire world - hannah and rebecca - who i cannot wait to dance with when this is all over. <3]

mia | february 19th | 10am
>the great hall

after a long two weeks of studying and handing in assignments and essays and completing mock exams, we had a week that was granted to us where we weren't permitted to attend classes. it was essentially a week given to us so we could study and prepare for our O.W.L.S.

and whilst we should have all been studying - hannah was relentlessly trying to convince me to dye my hair, which had become a prominent, reoccurring subject of our conversations recently. to my luck, right as i was about to reply with a reasonable reason as to why i would not be doing that any time soon, the post arrived.

the sound of different packages and parcels dropping onto the long tables with the clatter of cutlery and different thuds as students around us began to chat excitedly about whatever they had received, and to my surprise - a singular letter fell onto my empty plate, alongside two falling onto hannah's.

the letter that was resting on top of the other only had my name on it, with no return address or any other way of indicating who it was from so with a nervous bubble in my stomach; i ripped open the seal and unfolded the piece of parchment that was inside.

it read,

to the most beautiful ravenclaw in this castle,

would you like to accompany me on a very romantic, very amazing and lovely date this afternoon? if so, please bring these very important necessities:

-you
-your camera
-you
-your phone so you know to meet me outside the ravenclaw common room at 3pm.
-you

please tick the following:

YES [ ] OR NO [ ]

yours always, (unless you ticked no)

george weasley <3

i could not contain the smile that came onto my lips after i had read his letter, and the fact that he wanted to go on a date with me? i could of cried right there and then as i looked down at the writing, smiling when i ran my finger over the writing where i had to tick yes or no in response to his question.

realizing that it had felt like forever since i had last seen george, with him studying (very little, of course) or being caught up with quidditch practices for the upcoming game this weekend, it was a breath of fresh air to see his name written at the bottom of the parchment.

"do you have a spare quill i can borrow for a second?" i turned to hannah as i asked, to see her reading her own letters - deep in thought and concentration. her eyebrows were furrowed in what looked to be confusion, so as i nudged her with my elbow softly; i managed to get her to look at me.

she looked irritated when she turned to look at me, "everything okay?" i asked and she sighed angrily,

"my dad is getting married" she said, and my eyes widened in shock, "this summer"

hannah and her dad did not get on well at all, to the point where she avoided talking about him at all times. her and her mother were practically the best of friends, but her relationship with her dad was far from that - she hated him, to put it short.