o n e

mia | september 2nd | 1:37am

if you had told me on the train here that i'd be drunkenly swaying and hanging on to every single word that was uttered by george weasley by midnight, i would have most likely flushed and told you to be quiet.

fred, george and i officially met in third year, after i heard stories of their pranks and havoc around the halls and whatnot, laughing along at the tales of them making cauldrons explode or setting off enchanted fireworks during class to never stop them from exploding around the room, over and over again.

it was all fun and games, a laugh in the halls until i was the one that was covered in red and green chalk after i fell victim to one of their stupid pranks. they laughed until tears streamed down their faces as i stood there, stunned.

desperate to laugh along too, thinking it was funny but being so deathly shy and scared of the two of them - purely because they were so loud and so, so tall.

i remember so clearly standing there and forcing myself to cry just to make them feel bad, and it worked. the minute the two red heads heard my weak cries the grins automatically fell from their faces as they gave each other looks as if to say - "what do we do?"

as they came closer to me, trying to shield me from their own prank as some younger students began to stare at us; george leaned in and whispered softly to me, almost in a coo.

"hey, don't cry, it's okay, we didn't want to make you upset." he started, before he turned to his twin with a flash of worry over his freckled face. "fred-? where are you going" he said, rushed out and confused, "oh my go-"

fred had ran to the kitchens to get me a washcloth to wash my face from the chalk as it littered on the skin of my face and the strands of my hair;

as he returned, pink faced and out breath; both boys watched as i slowly wiped the coloured ash from my face, already began to feel guilty as they both softly looked at me. i swallowed the nerves down into my stomach, before uttering the only five words i could muster,

"i'm only kidding. i'm okay" i said to them, putting on a brave face as i wiped my face and turned around, walking away from them as i clutched the towel in my hand - nervously toying with the rough material.

they both released a breath of relief when i ended up being alright, and as i turned the corner and heard them both laugh, a small smile came onto my lips at the sound.

after hearing them both laugh, i couldn't stay away. and neither could they, constantly jumping out of alcoves to scare me, annoying me in the library, begging me to help them study, you name it.

the three of us had been so close ever since then.

____

mia | september 2nd | 01:42am
>room of requirement

i watched george's back through the black shirt he was wearing as he led me into the depths of this welcome back party; holding securely onto his hand.

it was a normal, annual thing for the students to hold on the first night back to hogwarts. normally, without fail, there was always someone who managed to bring at least two bottles of firewhiskey from home, presumably stolen from their parents. there was always someone who drank too much of it and ended up more drunk than they were anticipating.

this year, it was me. only i hadn't brought any from home, i had been throwing shot after shot down my throat - deciding to try and blur everything from my mind. nervous to start the new term, holding george's hand like this, trying to socialize - it was all nerve wracking and my hands were clammy when i thought about it for too long.