<10>

The worlds been a mess for longer then i have been alive, my blip in the timeline will affect nothing on a grand scale. I fight to survive, i try to thrive and i do my best to overcome. I'm one in a unit of many, that's what it means to be a Gemini, a family of some sort. It feels good to be needed, wanted

I stood, surrounding the border of the forest along with a chosen unit, Kalani one of the many witches i chose to control who enters and exits the woods. We were here to stop the werewolves who ran. Kai was on the inside as per usual, fighting the bigger fight. There was an odd rustle here and there and we could barely hear the spew of spells from inside the tree's.

Everything was oddly calm. Like there wasn't anything happening at all. But i knew there was, weather it was the unturned wolves fighting the Gemini off with weapons or the witches successfully cutting through the enemy.

But the fight had barely began, i knew that.

"There coming." Kalani whispered, eyes straining to see through the tree's. I nodded standing firmer, i needed to be logical, try my best to over power them before they got within reach.

I looked to my left and right, seeing the string of Geminis creating the boundary. Mostly familiar faces, the ones who where better at maintenance then fighting. Or the ones who Kai did not want in the midst of the fire, for example me. Kalani as she was a flight risk and some of the elders from the council. Harper was here, along with Mable who was annoyingly good at barrier spells.

"They're here!" A Gemini yelled sending a bout of fire into the woods, catching a burly man before he could erupt from the tree line. 

They definitely were here, running from the inner safety of the forest. There were quite al lot of them.

I began to swiftly cut them down, sending one hurtling through the air onto a tree branch and snapping another's neck. The battle was quite tedious, mainly holding our ground, until the frantic yell of one of the Gemini's caught my attention. Turning my head sharply i saw Mable struggling in the grip of a werewolf.

"Good riddance." Kalani scoffed, taking her own attacker down.

"I can't leave her!" I yelled over my shoulder as i chased the pair deeper into the woods.

"She's a Gemini!" My footfall was heavy and precise as i gained on the pair, the blonde was thrashing to no appeal, the wolf was clearly bigger.

"Azalea!" The yell was miniscule, barely audible as the blood pumped through my veins, my only focus on the retreating form of Mable. I sped up pushing my aching legs to their limit. Determined not to let one of our own down over a petty feud.

Raising my hand i made a near by log swipe under the feet of the man, knocking them both to the ground, finally giving me a moment to catch up. Swiftly i moved Mable behind me, moving my self in the way of the wolf. He was pissed.

Eyeing my neck with such anger.

But by then it was to late to realise i had acted on dumb instinct. We were surrounded, deeper in the forest where anything could happen to us. 

"Go find Kai." I whispered to the girl beside me, she looked to me deathly pale.

"I can't leave you here, they will tear you apart." Wow she makes me feel ever so confident.

"Can you not argue with me for one damn time? Its a fucking order now leave." My words came out harsher as i spun on my heel, Motusing a couple of wolves, giving her enough time to dart through.

Obviously a few more tried to catch her but quickly i had disabled there movement with a couple growing weeds. A minor set back because in the next moment they had abandoned the thought of catching the blonde and instead opted to behead me.

"What can i say? I'm an attention whore. Stay with me instead." I grinned playing the act of dumb bravery when in reality i hoped Mable ran fast, and far, to Kai.

A wolf lunged unexpectedly, grasping my arm furiously and with one tug, snap. 

I dropped to the floor in utter agony raising my free hand to send her flying back, she hit a tree earning her own snap, breaking her neck.

"Not fair." I gritted out, clutching my aching limb. It stung, ached, bled, tingled all at the same time. Worst of all was the searing pain and throbbing.

"What happened to the evil villain speech before the death?" I mused, smiling so fakely i even grimaced. The next wolf sped forward, hand connecting with the skin on my cheek, which was by no means more painful then my arm.

I turned swiftly kicking his legs from under him, waving my hand, blood turned to acid. 

Again i smiled, two more men came rounding up to me, only seven more, Azalea. I got this.

"Hey Mr." I spoke, the man made no move to stop.

"You always this chatty?" He snarled, gripping my curly hair and tugging it back.

"I picked it up from a friend." My skull throbbed as he clenched harder, making me grit my teeth. His friend grabbed my broken arm roughly tugging me up.

"Your gonna tell your witchy buddies to stop, or we are gonna end your pathetic life." The second threatened, only to have my shin connect into his stomach. I gripped him with all my might leaching his power until he dropped, dead.

 I yelled out in agony as i barrelled into another, sending the first down with him, gasping for breath.

"Holy shit that was painful." A few tears slipped from my eyes as i stumbled up, possibly having broken my arm even more. Not great but survival of the fittest and all.

Stars formed in the corner of my eyes, i tried to blink them back. Falling to my knees i let my last conscious act be a toothy smile covered with my own blood. 

I barely saw the wind pick up, but i knew. Knew he was here.