<3>

Pain was the only sign that i was alive right now, maybe it had been a couple more days since my little discussion with Kalani. In each of those she hadn't visited, brought me food, even made a creak outside the door. I was wearing thin and my stomach was churning. That's why when she opened the door on maybe the third day i nearly yelled in excitement.

"I brought you food." She walked in and in her hand was the holy grail, a burger. It almost made me like her. Then again i was always easily persuaded with food.

"Oh my God, I've died and gone to heaven." I sat excitedly as she undid my ropes.

"Your idea of heaven is a broom closet and a burger?" I shrugged bringing the food to my lips and chowing down, now it was no Kai Parker burger but it would suffice, i suppose my standards had gone up since last year.

"How long have i been here?" I asked after swallowing my first bite.

"A week and a half, I've managed to deter any locater spell's and from gossip i know the Gemini have no idea where you are." She told me taking a seat watching me as i ate. 

There was a nagging in the back of my head, pushing me to ask my next question.

"How is Kai?" She stiffened at the name, visibly uncomfortable but as she met my worried glance she sighed.

"He's not doing to good, my friend said he looks like he hasn't slept. Barely leaves the compound. Constantly yelling at the board of elders." Kalani shrugged watching my nerves rise.

"I want you to know that i'm sorry you had to get involved in this, i just- My mother was all that i had you know? My dad, he's distant now. He's changed. I just want justice." I placed the half of the burger that was left on my lap as she spoke to me.

"I get it, really i do. Family is limited.... Losing them is painful and it breaks you." I looked down shaking the thoughts away.

"But Kai is my family, the only one who was there for me in the times i needed anybody. I'd rather sit here and die then have him suffer in the way you want, he doesn't deserve it." She gaped at me.

"He doesn't deserve it? I tell you what he doesn't deserve, your loyalty, your love. Why care so much for a monster? For a man who killed his family, killed my mother." I felt the rage bubble in defence for him.

"Your not talking about my Kai, your talking about Malachai Parker. The boy who felt so alone in a world that he snapped." I spat out glaring at her.

"For twenty-two years he was pushed and pushed until he reacted. For nearly two decades he fought his own sanity, then he did what some people can barely even attempt. He changed. He let a man live who deserved nothing in the name of morality. He took a coven stuck in the past and made it every thing it is today. You say he's a monster but you don't know him." 

Kalani took a step towards me, head tilting.

"Your so blinded by love that you fail to see who Malachai Parker is." I shuck my head leaning back and taking a bite of my burger.

"And your so blinded by rage that you fail to see that if you make Kai suffer your no better then he is." She blanched looking down at me, eyes raking over the ropes along my body like she had only just realised what she had actually done.

"I hope your feeling more energetic sweetie, we have a phone call to make." She changed the topic with a clearing of her throat, pulling her phone out.

"Wait what? Who are we calling?" I asked swiftly shooting forward as far as i could to see the phone, yet i saw nothing.

"Who do you think? Malachai." Kalani grinned putting the phone next to my face, unlocking the face id. It was my phone. Oh god this isn't good.

"I wouldn't do that if i were you, like seriously, this is a bad idea." She only laughed pressing the call button, i heard it ring twice before the line switched.

"Azzy? Please Azzy are you there?" His frantic broken voice made my heart wrench at only the sound, Kalani placed a finger to her lips as the tears welled in my eyes. He was hurting

"Oh she's here all right. All tight and cosy." She looked colder then she had moments prior, as if she was forcing herself to go along with this plan.

"I'm going to kill you." He spoke deadly calm, all trace of emotion slipped from his voice. I cringed back at the tone. 

"No i don't think-" He cut her off.

"I'm going to find out where your hiding her, i'm going to kill your coven, the magnolia coven, then your going to watch as i slit your fathers throat right in front of your eyes. Kalani June Lane.

She stiffened eyes shooting to mine, my own eyes were wide at how vicious he sounded. Each word prolonged as he spoke calmly into the phone. The airy chuckle he let out brought both of our attention back to the phone.

"Then once your blinded by your own tears, I'll finish you." She took a moment to compose her self, still gesturing for me to be silent.

"You do any of that you'll risk losing your precious Azalea. Maybe i should just kill her, an eye for an eye sort of thing." She drawled out, but i knew she was nervous. She had been found out, it was only a matter of time until he narrowed down where we were.

"The magnolia don't do violence. They deceive, manipulate, cast spells that alter the memory. I bet you've pretended to starve her, hit her maybe. You'll fake your way to victory but you won't kill her." I stiffened at the information, and she did look very guilty of it.

"But the Gemini, we don't do mercy and right now you have one of our own." She hung up.