<28>

Kai had been distant. We spent our days apart preparing for the oncoming fight between us and the Misfit coven but even though he technically did have the excuse of being busy, i believed he was actually avoiding me. I couldn't even catch a glimpse of him throughout the day and sometimes he didn't even show up at night.

By the third day i was murderous.

Why was he being so neglecting? Why did he leave me to sleep alone apposed to when he had clung to me for dear life? My brain had come to a few conclusions, less then admirable and i had spent half the day dreaming about ending his life. 

By the fifth day, after i hadn't seen him for a whole 36 hours straight, only catching a glance the prior morning, i decided to hunt him down. With one quick locator spell i was more then enraged to find he was at some bar in the middle of New Orleans. Deciding against acting swiftly upon the revelation i waited, only to do another locator spell to find him at another bar. 

I had never dressed so quickly, though it did take me a while to figure out how i would torture him.

What had i done? Why was he ignoring me?

There was no excuse, i am simply in all situations perfect. Even today, having had a solid five minutes to dress my self i looked immaculate. The dress was swoon worthy, the glasses added a slight mysterious edge, my hair was curled to perfection. I honestly wasn't sure how he had kept himself away.

I practically stormed through New Orleans, even the calm demeanour of jazz did nothing to soothe my rage of rejection. I focused solely on reaching my partner, to whoop his ever arrogant ass. When i finally did reach the bar i was furious.

There he sat, eyes downcast on a tumbler filled to the brim with whatever drink he had preferred the company of apposed to me. He looked clean, well resisted despite his lack of use of our bed. I stormed across the room, heels clicking so loudly it must have alerted him.

And the fucker had the nerve to smirk.

"Hey babe nice of you to mak-" My hand shot out with the intent to throw him over the bar. Unfortunately he quickly deflected the blow. 

"You seem a little agitated.. Drink?" He paused offering me his glass which he couldn't stop me from smashing.

"Five days Malachai, do you wish to tell me your excuse before i maim you?" He cringed at the name, straightening the collar of his shirt as i stood face to face with him, glaring so heatedly.

"Full name? I can see your upset..." My fists clenched at my side, making his eyes drop to them in acknowledgment.

"Invisique." Frantically my hands shot out to grab nothing.

I was thankful the bar was to busy to notice us, more specifically the ways i was going to hex him. Before i could result to less then polite actions a voice called out to me.

"Over here...." I spun on my heel to see Kai waving teasingly from the door, he turned only for me to wave my hand sending him plummeting to the floor. 

I stormed over, furious, why was he playing games? What was wrong with him? He scrambled up snickering as he dashed away from the bar. He paused glancing over his shoulder as he began to navigate his way through the streets of New Orleans, were magic was less then acceptable. 

And the weasel new it, smirking all the way, keeping in sight but out of reach. 

Eventually the crowds began to lessen in numbers. My walk had sped up leaving me trailing closer and closer to him but he remained calm. Which only did well to annoy me further. Just as the people of New Orleans began to become nearly non existent to my eyes Kai turned a corner making me rush forward with the intent to catch him.

"I know your angry babe." He called out over his shoulder running onto a lone standing dock, my legs where aching but i didn't care. I had him cornered unless he were to jump of the edge of the pier.

"Angry does not begin to explain my emotions towards you right now." I sneered. He only smirked again raising his hands in a sort of surrender.

"Your not gonna kill me are you? Your favourite siphoner?" He was delusional, I was my favourite siphoner.

"Give me one reason why i shouldn't and I'll consider it." The distance he could escape me had began to fade away and he knew it, backing up in slower steps as i paced forward with longer ones.

"Uh... Because you would miss me to much?" I laughed a mocking laugh, pointing my finger at him in accusation.

"I did miss you, the first two days, grew suspicious the third, hurt the fourth, ravenous the fifth." He tilted his head stopping near the edge lowering his hands.

"I gathered." The smirk never left his face.

"Care to explain?" I grit out but he only shook his head with a tautening grin.

"I don't think i will." Angrily my hand shot out only for him to cast a deflecting spell, i glared at him as he laughed.

"So your blood to acid type of angry? Come on babe, can't go a week without me?" How he dared to taunt me in this moment was unbelievable, him breathing looked less and less appealing.

"I'm heart from body type of angry right now. What had you so busy that you failed to make time to see me when i searched for you?" Five days with no explanation was a joke, there was no way he could sedate my anger.

Not even for a snicker.

"I had my reasons, of course right now they don't look very worthy of death. I mean do i-" This time he rose his hand sending a spell so swiftly at me i barely registered it all i knew is one moment we were on a barren pier and the next we weren't.