<5>

Carnage, absolute and utter wreckage. I had been blindfolded in the back of what i assumed to be Kalani's car before we arrived at some run down building. By the look of terror on her face i assumed the compound hadn't always looked like this. Even though she was most definitely going through some stuff mentally right now i was ecstatic. 

I was going home, i was going to see Kai. She stood shakily in front of me, i took the moment to grasp her hand beaming in joy. In return she gave me a shaky smile.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad." I assured her, she gave me an incredulous look.

"I kidnapped the love of his life and child." I scoffed at her tone, gesturing in a rapid motion to my belly.

"He doesn't even know about this yet." She nodded, i watched her throat tighten as we stood opposite her car. One call and then we would be reunited.

"Look, if it makes you fell better i'm not going to let him kill you." I shrugged to which she gaped at me. My life consisted of many tiring events, being kidnapped was actually quite exciting, if Kai thought he was taking Kalani away he was wrong.

"You are totally insane." She rasped out, biting her nails.

"No, i'm motivated. Aside from the mind tricks you were good company. If i can talk my way around the Gemini politics you may have a chance of living." I beamed glancing between her and the building.

"How the hell do you intend to go around the board of elders, your insane and infuriated boyfriend slash baby daddy and the punishment the magnolia coven will be sure to give me if i don't die." Kalani grew more nervous as the words left her mouth.

"Well i'm positive half the magnolia are already dead, soooo. Tick. If you forgot i'm the co-leader of the Gemini therefore my say trumps the elders. Finally Kai? That man is wrapped around my little finger." Before she could protest i passed her my phone gesturing for her to start this madness.

The line connected after a moment of silence.

"We are here." Kalani breathed out, face draining of blood, hand grasping mine in a futile attempt of confidence. I would have been scared in her position to, as the phone hung up without a word. Instead the two large doors of The Magnolia compound opened revealing the horde of familiar faces that were my fellow Gemini.

Each pushing forward a Magnolia captive, until they parted way for the true spectacle.

And there he stood, covered in work attire, jeans a Henley and a black trench coat each smothered in numerous amounts of blood. He looked manic, absolutely and utterly void of emotion as he pushed a man forward, he was Kalani's father by the resemblance in her paintings.

Kai's eyes looked dead, each lacking the comfort of rest. He looked like he hadn't slept or even ate. Until his eyes landed on me, the emotion fought to flicker onto his face, eyes lighting with the sensation of home and happiness.

I hadn't realised i was running towards him until i had slammed into his chest and his arms were wrapping around me. It all flooded back to me like a tsunami, his smell, his embrace and that breathy laugh of relief. A sound that hadn't meant much before but now meant the world.

"Azalea." He whispered out, arms never loosening their grip. I heard the shuffle of footfall, the spew of Latin building reminding me of our atmosphere.

"Wait." My head whipped to Kalani as i moved from Kai's chest to his side. She looked petrified as the Gemini surrounded her.

"What is it Azalea?" One of the officials asked, hand lowering from what would have been a fatal blow.

"She doesn't die." I spoke calmly. Kai had never stiffened as much as he did against me in this moment.

"What?" His jaw tightened, grip latching around me.

"Kalani Lane is a danger to the Gemini, we must eradicate her." Harper, an orderly woman with a high seat on the Gemini council spoke now. The challenge ignited the spark of leader i had in me, the more business side of myself.

"Kalani June Lane will be punished in the way i see fit. Her indiscretions were against me. Therefore her fate will be sealed by me." I glared down at the woman, she nodded meekly taking a step back.

"Take it away babe." Kai placed a kiss to my head, letting me step forward. Kalani looked grim, eyes pleading in a silent manner to me.

"For your acts of malice towards me Miss Lane i order the punishment of labour. You will leave your coven, disconnect your tie to the magnolia name and serve under the Gemini. You will live among our coven and repent for your crimes against us, one wrong move as my protector and partner, Malachai Parker, leader of the Gemini may serve any punishment he wishes, including death." She nodded, a breath escaping her lungs as she received my order.

Kai took a step forward, heat bubbling in rage at her chance at life. 

"And i can't wait for the day you slip up." He seethed making Kalani look down in guilt and fear. He took my hand in his raising his other ringed fingers towards Kalani, her eyes rolled back in her head as one of the witches in our coven caught her. She dropped into his arms being placed into the back of one of the many cars we owned.

"Wait no please, my daughter. She's just a child." I looked to the withering voice of her father.

"This is the only way she lives." I told him, as his pained eyes cast to me.

"She made a mistake." He croaked out. Kai moved me away from the man turning to face him.

"That she did, now she suffers the consequences." With that he moved us to our own personal car, throwing his blood covered coat to the floor outside before opening my door for me.

"Let's go home."