<12>

There's only a few things to do when your soon to be husband declares your going back to the town that only brought you mental health issues, you beg and plead with Satan for some sort of miracle mind change, run away like some half arsed rendition of a vengeful princess or simply, murder

I for one crossed off murder, then the whole princess route? Spoiled this morning when Kai caught me trying to squeeze myself out of the bathroom window. I got a real scolding from that one let me tell you. So here i was praying to whatever force that wanted to listen.

Don't let me go back

There was nothing for me in Mystic Fall's. There hadn't been since i left, Bonnie? She was happy with Enzo, who was i to intrude on their happiness? Damon? He was human now with Elena. Stefan, well at least he remained a vampire. Only to flip his switch because Caroline had finally realised she wasn't all that into men.

So sure, i kept up with the gossip. I mean come on that town was riddled with juice and death. 

Only problem was, there was no room for me there.

"Azzy! Stop hiding i know your here!" Kai yelled from somewhere in our room. Fortunately i was well hidden, even if he knew i was in the apartment there was no way he would find me all the way-

"Got you." He pulled open the cupboard door so fast i barely registered it, making me release a squeak of surprise.

"Gumbo!" I caught my baby's attention making his head dart to me, before Kai could stop him, Gumbo was darting for his legs. Tackling him to the floor.

I took the opportunity to dash for the front door, take two of the princess route. 

"Imobolis." Kai chanted making me freeze where i stood. Internally cussing him out in a variety of languages, only the words i knew though, like; fuck, dickhead and a personal favourite cum bucket.

Technically it's not a cuss but the Chinese translator that was once at the coven was very reluctant to give it to me so it serves with the same power.

"Now babe, i get it i really do. Who would want to leave me? But don't worry it's only for a short period of time. Sure, you wont be feasting on Kai's cuisine but i'm sure Bon Bon can at least attempt some of my dishes. I mean isn't her boyfriend a vampire? He picked some stuff up along the way am i right? Or that's just a waste." He paused as Gumbo bumped into his leg as he rounded the sofa, trying to get in front of me.

"And setting the dog on me? So not fair, he can't have favourites." I glared as best as i could, he chuckled shaking his head.

"I understand your upset. I read a book whilst you were asleep, about pregnancy emotions. Which is like totally unfair for me because i barely understand the usual ones, but there was something in it about alleviating stressful situations. Now correct me if i'm wrong, which i'm sure i'm not, but hunting werewolves and running an ancient coven are stressful situations." had he always spoken this much?

"So this is the best option, you get a paid vacation whilst i baby proof the Gemini. You can see Bon Bon, read up on taming little off spring. I wonder what the Mini Parkers gonna be like?" He stopped dreamily, staring out the window until he cleared his throat and turned back to me.

After he had positioned himself in front of the door he waved his hand letting movement seep back into my body.

"I can't go back!" Was the first thing to slip from my mouth.

"The only thing that kept me running in that god forsaken town was overboard alcohol consumption, reckless violence and my love for Damon Salvatore." I waved my hands frantically as Kai nodded along with my rant.

"One, no alcohol for pregnant ladies, that is a rule of some sort isn't it? Two, how am i supposed to be recklessly violent whilst thinking of Mini Bennett. Three, Damon is a human! That's like hanging out with Donavan!" His eyes narrowed.

"Bennett?" I scoffed incredulously.

"That's what you picked up?" I glared heatedly at him as he rose an accusing finger.

"You said it to piss me off now your mad i'm pissed off?" I scrunched my nose turning away from him, okay so yeah sure i did, it's been a stressful few days.

"So? I'm pregnant cut me some slack." I groaned dropping onto the sofa.

"Listen babe, this is a good thing for you. It's not like we won't be seeing each other, I'll come for every scan, I'll call every night. But there are things i need to do before i can ensure yours and Mini Parker-Bennett's safety." Kai walked closer taking my hand in his.

"Mini Bennett-Parker." I grumbled making him laugh under his breath, mumbling a sure.

"It won't be long i promise, in the worst case half of your pregnancy will be spent in Mystic Fall's. Best case, it's two months and everything is rainbows and sprinkles." He smirked.

"I'm taking the dog." I proclaimed and he nodded hesitantly.

"I'm also taking Kalani-"

"No way, that little Magnolia-"

"Then i'm not going, i want someone who's familiar." He grumbled profanities under his breath wrinkling his nose in disgust.

"Fine but i'm telling Bon what she did, and your sister holds one hell of a grudge. For example, when she tried to Incendia me at her birthday last year? New shirt completely ruined and for what?" He ranted, even though i brought him the exact same top after, he's just dramatic.

"You tried to stake Enzo-"

"He said you were gorgeous! Can't you remember? Hello gorgeous, what kind of man talks to another guys girl like that?"

"He was being polite! He's dating my sister!" I laughed in disbelief.

"Maybe it's a ploy to get closer to you, you never know with those blood suckers. Maybe i should just ki-"

"Kai!"