<2>

I'd slept, refreshed myself in the only way i could. That chick had dropped off some porridge whilst i was unconscious, i did the only self respecting thing and kicked it against the wall. Maybe it was a bad idea because my stomach was gurgling to me in all sorts of languages. It spilled down the wall like a soppy heap of goop, I'd probably throw up if i had anything left in my system.

"Hey lady! I need to go to the bathroom!" Silence.

I huffed stomping my feet childishly on the floor.

"Helllooo. Your friendly neighbour hood prisoner here!" I heard the creak of floor boards and the squeak of the door as she entered, arms crossed and a sleepy look on her face.

"Oh sorry did i wake you? I need to pee." I tilted my head to the side speaking sickly sweet.

"God your such high maintenance." She complained leaning against the door. I wasn't, i just didn't want to pee myself.

"Kalani." I whined throwing my head back. She sighed stepping forward and undoing her sailor knots, as soon as she had done my feet she untied my hands, instead tying them together. Taking me in her firm grip she lead me out of the dark room, making me wince at the sudden light from the hallway hitting my eyes.

She had been keeping me in a spacious broom closet in some old ass house. How delightful. The hallway was littered with family photo's. A couple with some little ginger kid, kinda looked like the current ginger tugging me relentlessly.

Finally she pushed me into a bathroom were i gratefully relieved myself. Washing my hands, dampening my ropes as i did so. I looked in the mirror that sat opposite me, catching the tangled mess that was my hair. Then to my sickly pale skin, a reddish blue tint on one of my cheeks. I grimaced at the sight taking the time to wash myself over, untangling my hair with my fingers to the best of my ability.

"Are you done?" She called in. I contemplated smashing the mirror and severing one of her major arteries but then i have the issue of finding my way out of wherever i was. I opened the door passing her my hands with a fake smile.

She lead me back quietly, the moons rays gliding along my skin through the windows and just as expected, we were in the middle of no where. Surrounded by grass and trees for as far as i could see. 

Kalani pulled me into the room, sighing as she stepped over my porridge. I snickered as she roughly shoved me back down.

"Kinky." She only shuck her head.

"Your gonna starve to death." She mumbled out strapping me down. I knew that but it was better then shoving that crap into my mouth.

Kalani moved away gathering the bowl and spoon from the floor and placing it some where out side of my broom closet. She came back with some cleaning supplies, clearing the mess. I watched as she tiredly moved.

"What's your game plan here Kalani?" I asked as she scooped my mess up.

"What makes you tick, keeps you awake at night?" I lent forward as she froze.

"Why am i here?" I pushed, she turned to me, a tight look in her face.

"Because your a siphoner." I nodded once, signalling i heard. She didn't stop there either.

"Because your kind is the reason my mother is no longer here." Here words became harsher as her glare poured into me. 

"Vampires." I spoke in a dismissive sort of way. She started walking closer.

"What?"

"Vampires killed my mother." I shrugged watching her face let her discomfort slip. I took the opportunity to guilt her further.

"Is this your way of getting revenge? Eradicate the siphoner species? Who set you up in your revenge plan? Your, what? No more then 17 or 18, surely you had help. Your father maybe, get some revenge for his love." She shook her head, eyes piercing into me.

"He doesn't know. I'm not going to kill you, i just need him to suffer." Him?

"But i bet he'd support you no? Protect you from the people who wish to find me?" She nodded, a guilty look taking over. She was so easy to read when she was tired.

"My father left me Kalani, my mother died, my grandmother died, i died. And you think because some siphoner killed your mummy its okay to take it out on everyone else. Get over it, let go of the ones you love, let them die. They will leave you in the end anyway." Her guilty look slipped and was replaced with anger, a blinding rage that made my smirk grow.

"I seem to have hit a nerve." I mocked as she shot forward grabbing my chin and pinning me back. 

"Not some siphoner, Malachai Parker. Why should he get to rule the Gemini whilst my family suffers? He doesn't get a happy ending." She seethed. I wasn't surprised at the news, of course he was involved.

"Oh trust me he does. Your an idiot if you think you can control anything that man does." I smirked but she only returned it.

"That's where you come in isn't it. How will he react if your life hangs in the balance?" I ripped my chin from her grip at the threat.

"You can't kill him." I denied swiftly, the Gemini would never let it happen. They would all die if he did.

"Oh i'm not gonna kill him, i want him to suffer like i did. Powerless, without a coven. He steps down from his position or he never see's you again." She spat angrily, i mocked a look of terror before leaning forward.

"So that's your plan? How devious, we may yet get along Kalani." I chuckled as she stepped back, rubbing her eyes.

"Go to sleep." She dismissed walking away, i stopped her whispering silently.

"If he did kill your mother like you think, i can guarantee there was a reason." Kai had changed, he didn't go round killing women for no reason she was either a threat or he didn't touch her.

"He's a monster."

"Aren't we all?"