<11>

Furious. Ravenous. Utterly and infinitely enraged.

All words i could describe kai as. I had woken to the bland beep of a hospital machine. Hooked to God knows how many contraptions. As soon as i had seen his angered expression i closed my eyes again, pretending to be blissfully unaware and unconscious. 

His warm hand eventually found mine, the hospital chair creaking as he took a seat next to me. Idly his thumb smoothed over my hand, his other coming to cradle it. I felt a tinge of guilt for pretending to be comatose still, but i knew his looks of anger and the one he was currently wearing was indeed pointed at me.

What to do? Pretend to be in a coma? Face the rant like an adult? Play dumb at what ever he was to accuse me of? Motus him and run?

"I know your awake." He spoke calmly, but i knew he wasn't calm.

"Your breathing changed." He continued. I still pretended.

Risking a peak of one eye was a mistake, he was glaring heatedly at me. I groaned in discomfort rolling on my side, facing away from him.

"What did i do now?" He stood, pacing to the side of the room i was facing, folding his arms and continuing to glare.

"Lets start with the minor offences shall we? Abandonment of post, reckless endangerment, ignorance to direct orders of not getting harmed in any way possible, what about the major ones? Hmm let's see." He stepped forward, eyes blazing.

"Not following battle strategies that have been set in place to protect everyone in the coven, the leader does not leave a group in the name of one. They do not risk there own life especially when they are pregnant." His tone got darker and darker as he took more menacing steps towards me and my heart dropped.

"You should have never been any where near that battle, you should have never been in any danger, you should have told me you were pregnant. What if i hadn't gotten there quick enough, what if i found out through your autopsy? Do you know what that would have done to me?" I disconnected our eye line, guilt sweeping through me.

I chose to remain silent, sure he was right. I had doubts the night before we were to leave, but every time i thought about abandoning the battle that little girls face swept into my mind.

"You don't get to die, not now not ever." Kai continued and finally i snapped.

"What was i supposed to do? Sit back and hope that little girl was avenged? How was i suppose to ensure that pack paid without being there?!" He bristled, stiffening as he peered down at me.

"You were supposed to do nothing, stay at home protect our child and let me handle the wolves." 

"I'm more capable then any of those witches. We both know it." My own glare grew on my face, it was swiftly silenced by his deathly yell.

"No! You don't get to make that decision, you don't get to die! That choice hasn't been yours since i found you in the prison world. You don't get to leave me!" I softened as his icy eyes turned vulnerable.

"You don't get to be a martyr." He started pulling at his hair, pacing the room.

"Who do i look like? Elena." He stopped, eyes widening and looking to me. I paled.

"No." 

"Well clearly i can't keep you safe here-" I stopped him standing briskly, he immediately placed me back down onto the bed.

"Portland is my home now, there is no way your sending me back there." His smirk grew on his face as he pinned me down to the bed, enough force to keep me there but not to hurt. His head dipped down, slowly. 

"Oh but i am." His hand slid from my healthy arm to under my chin. Levelling my eyes with his.

"And your going to be a good girl and go." His lips brushed over mine.

He stood then, eyes roaming over my magically healing arm and bruised skin. I gritted my teeth angrily, to which Kai only grinned.

"Think of it as a get away trip, i eradicate Portland of all possible threats, then when the times right I'll come to Mystic fall's. Reunite with all my old enemies, tell them of the spectacular news, maybe even invite them to the baby shower if i'm feeling generous, hey maybe we could-"

He paused, stopping his excited spew and turning to face me, confliction written all over his face.

"If you want to keep it that is. Do you?" I laid back in the hospital bed.

"I do." A smile slipped onto his face as he walked calmly around the bed. Heading towards his coat pocket. 

"I had something special planned, but a reckless witch i know ruined it." He began taking his seat, pulling a small box from his coat.

"And if i want everything else to go as planned i can't postpone this anymore." He glanced to me hesitantly before taking a breath and opening the box. 

I nearly died when he got on his knee.

"There's a dozen flowers wilting on the beach right now, along with my idea of romance." He inhaled deeply.

"But I've waited a long time to ask you this, and I've never been good at timing so, will you, Azalea Monroe Bennet, Marry me?" I gaped at a loss, eyeing the diamond ring in front of me. 

I blinked but continued to gawk. He took my hand sliding the ring on.

"Yes." I breathed out, he let a laugh of relief out snapping the box closed.

"I was sure you were gonna say no, especially after my rant and proclamation of moving you to Mystic falls but then again you've always been a-"

I silenced him with a kiss, chuckling as he melted against me.

"You talk a lot." He nodded guiltily.

"I'm really nervous and excited, it kinda flows really like- sorry." I shook my head taking his hand, he looked down at it, smiling to himself.

"Oh, and happy birthday babe."