<21>

"This is covenly neglect, despite the unfortunate event you have endured the coven still relies on you to control it, you can not just up and leave-" Joshua was cut off when Kai approached us, i had been nodding along with a sickly sweet smile on my face. The old man still thought he could control Kai by controlling me.

"Not that we need to explain ourselves to you, but this trip is based on more then just the hybrid. There's a coven operating in New Orleans that have openly spoke of their hatred for the Gemini, and though you have chosen to ignore their probable threat to us, i have not. Once our duties with Klaus Mikaelson have expired we will stay to hunt down the newest enemy. Good day Joshua." I sneered the words at him watching as he gaped, a guilty pleasure of mine.

Kai looked between us, incredibly amused in his holiday clothes, no posh Henley and trench coat, instead he opted for some jeans and a jumper. I hadn't commented on how cute he looked in fear he would change.

"That's one of the many reasons i'm marrying her, she never fails to make you utterly uncomfortable, run along old timer." He shooed Joshua away, before grasping my hand in his and once again and leading me to our car.

Unfortunately, Gumbo wasn't along for the ride. With the Hollow and the misfit coven it was to unpredictable. That was what i thought of the entire journey, the coven of witches who had all been abandoned. They had all came together and formed an alliance, whether they were just to weak for their original families or had committed crimes worth banishment, it didn't matter. 

In their ranks so far there was at least 30 witches, not much but all with deadly intent. Kai had insisted once we saved Klaus he would be obligated to aid us in our endeavours to kill off more witches, i had argued the fact he would want to spend his newly saved life with his daughter.

Kai had soured at that, gripping the steering wheel tighter and turning up the music. We had sat in silence for at least and hour before i started staring at him, trying to unpick why he was so wound up. After my lengthy examination, i knew him to be jealous of Klaus. I didn't voice my newly found information.

The trip went by in a flash after the awkward conversation, we spoke of things we wanted to do on our holiday, i suggested a strip club, Kai wanted to go to the beach, a full circle kind of thing. I promised we would eventually, after we had visited a strip club. 

I was slightly annoyed when we compromised it to be a normal club.

Although, i knew eventually we would visit somewhere exotic, after all we were going to be here for at least a month. That news made me stir in my seat as i watched the familiar lights flood through the car windows. Finally we were pulling up to the compound, where Klaus had insisted we stay for the entirety of our visit.

The car had barely parked when a flash of blonde was tugging me from the car.

"Oh Bloody hell let her breathe." Another flash revealed Klaus, with his hands on his hips as Rebekah tugged me up next to her.

"Oh be quiet Nik, i wish to see her before the rest, and who am i to not get what i want." She smirked eyeing my outfit and hair, which was dishevelled due to the ride.

"God forbid you don't get your way." Nik grumbled, eyes finally settling on me. His smirk turned to a smile as i straightened my clothes out.

"Don't you look gorgeous, sleep deprived and all." He mocked as i scoffed crossing my arms. His eyes then flitted to Kai. Hesitation, then acceptance.

"Move out of the door way Nik, how can we possibly get past with you there." Rebekah wrapped her arm around mine gesturing for kai to follow.

"She has a point, you know. The three of us trying to squeeze past you and your ego? Not possible." I grinned as Klaus blanched, his smile turning swiftly into a smirk.

"It is good to see you love." He took my other arm, the contact was enough for me to feel the power floating in him. I was happy Kai was here to help, or the magic would surely overtake me. 

"Oh Kai, don't you look splendid, is that stubble i see? New rings? Wow they look radiant on you." I turned to my fiancé watching him have a conversation with himself as he glared at the originals. Rebekah cast him an amused glance before raising an eyebrow.

"Well kai, that is a very nice... Jumper." She eyed it for a second to long before continuing forward, Kai immediately rushed to me wrapping an arm around my waist.

"What's wrong with my jumper?" He whispered, i for one thought there was nothing wrong with it. If it wasn't a mighty coven leader who was known for being merciless wearing it.

"Nothing baby, i like it." He nodded pouting, i glanced to his features becoming amused at how he carried himself. Until the clearing of a throat caught my attention.

"Shall we?" Elijah smiled fondly, gesturing over to where Klaus was grabbing two drinks, he brought them over, handing one to me and kai. I noticed the distressed look Kai had as he watched me but everything was fine, because i didn't feel like drinking anymore.

Being why i passed the tumbler back.

"No bourbon thanks, i'm secure enough in my masculinity." Kai also rejected, smiling brightly down at me. Klaus nodded setting the drinks down before finishing his own.

"Now, don't expect this to be to enticing, it will only last a minute with the two of us." Kai began clasping his hand onto Klaus, who immediately bit back the yell of pain as he was being siphoned. Kai grimaced continuing as i stepped forward, leaching off of him as well.

"I should have warned you, it might sting." Kai bit back the smile as he spoke, Klaus glanced up, gritting his teeth.

"I really hate you." Kai placed another hand down on the hybrid nodding in understatement as his magic drained swiftly, i felt it wash into my veins, being pulled by the red glow.

It felt fresh and free, powerful.

Until it was gone and i pulled back, nudging kai off as well.

"So how do you feel?" I asked calmly crouching down.

"I expected more of a fight." Rebekah commented.

"I mean the hollow has made our life a living hell, only to be destroyed like that?" She continued, i laughed a small laugh helping Nik up.

"The hollow is magic, it fights with magic, we suck up magic, there for it's really useless against us." Kai explained shaking his hands in exaggeration.

"I believe then this is cause for celebration." We all turned to Elijah, who was smiling warmly.