<30>

It happened quickly in perspective. I remember it freshly of course. My friends had cheered loudly, the sun had set, the fresh scent of flowers had engulfed me. 

But the kiss.

There had never been anything like that kiss.

There was no hesitation from it, our lips had collided like we had never kissed before. Intertwining with each other as lovers do, i remember the way he smelt, tasted and felt. The soft hint of satisfaction let out through his hum, the return of my satisfaction and devotion shown by the way my hand latched onto his suit. 

But it had been so different.

As if we were untied in more ways then one our magic had come out to play. The red glow from our bodies sending the petals whirring past us, separating our love from the rest with a tornado of red and pink.

Separation was something that did come hesitantly, pulling away from each other and sending the flowers to the ground. Our laughs bubbled as the dust settled.

"I love you, Mr's Parker." I had hummed as the words left him.

"Say it again, i liked it." And he had. Over and over and over.

Branding me with his last name like a hot iron. But the burn had felt so good to me, a flicker to the ever lasting flame that was our love.

"You know we could just ditch the party Mr's Parker." His voice had pulled me back to reality. We were no longer at the wedding, the time had passed. Now we were celebrating in the Mikaelson compound that Marcel had organised whilst we were out. The day just kept giving.

"You don't think the guests will notice the bride and groom running off my husband?" He let a devilish smirk light upon his lips as he stood behind me, overlooking the sight that was New Orleans. The soft hum of Jazz resonating through us from the floor below.

"I can't bring my self to care." Kai whispered kissing the crook of my neck.

I looked over his outfit which he had changed, instead going for a neutral look. A pair of dark blue jeans and a shirt, which he had left unbuttoned.

"You know," He began.

"Your ring is special." He lifted my hand bringing it to our eyeline. It was golden, at the centre a black diamond sat. Around the thicker centre golden band, thinner lines of metal enveloped it.

"Of course it is, you gave it to me." I countered making him laugh against my skin.

"Your cute." He mused.

"Your ring is linked to mine." He pulled my hand to his, placing them against each other. His hands were bigger then mine, letting his fingers reach above my own.

"When you have no magic, when you can't find me. You can pull from mine. My magic is yours, as i am." Kai told me making me gasp.

It was not a light gift after all. He was the leader of the Gemini, if he died they did to. Their magic was his and now his was mine.

"I didn't bring you a gift considering i didn't know..." I mumbled.

"Can't you see Az?" He asked wrapping and arm around my waist and stroking down the fabric of my new dress. A burgundy colour that matched his shirt.

"You are everything i could ever ask for." I chuckled as he kissed a bunch of butterfly kisses along my neck.

"And pork rinds?" I taunted.

"Can't forget my second love." He retorted.

"How did you pull it all off?" I asked, he smiled lightly shaking his head. I knew he wasn't going to tell me.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." I scoffed turning in his grip to be face to face with him.

"You're a Witch not a magician." I corrected. He grinned down at me tutting.

"Shocker." He had lent down to give me a kiss when the clearing of a throat caught our attention.

"The first dance is coming up." It was Caroline, smiling softly at us. We nodded following her down to which a soft cheer erupted in the room.

Kai beamed pulling me to the centre of the room as the music began softly. I blushed as he pulled me flush against his chest, hand dipping down lower than a gentleman. Though, these where the things i had come to love about him. He was no gentleman but he was mine.

We rocked and swayed and chuckled when one of us stepped on the others foot, neither of us were the best dancer. Yet is was nice and so one dance turned to two then three until our legs ached and lungs hurt from laughing at the other.

By time i had lost count everyone was dancing. Klaus and Hope were the absolute cutest. Elijah and Hayley. Even Rebekah and Caroline were, to which the latter was blushing madly. 

"You can cook, you can lead the Gemini but you can't dance." I teased Kai as he stuck his tongue from the corner of his mouth concentrating on his steps.

"There isn't a spell to fix that." He justified.

"And if there was, you clearly haven't used it." He continued making me scoff playfully. Compared to him i was the best dancer ever.

"18 years by yourself, that's enough time to learn the waltz." He scrunched his nose up in distaste.

"I can fly a plane, can you?" Kai smiled proudly when i had no response.

The night went on like that. Witty banter and loving looks shared between us. I just wished i had savoured it whilst it had lasted. I danced with Bonnie after we had an array of drinks. Damon made sure to sweep me away at one point. Though one of my favourite dances was shared with Klaus, as after he took me to where he had my wedding present.

In one of his rooms that was tucked away beyond where the guests could reach he had hidden my gift. 

I had began to cry at the sight of it, hiding it with the best of my ability.

It was an old wooden crib, elegant and worn to an antique level. He walked towards it slowly placing his hand on the side.

"This is where my family started, i thought it would be a great place to start yours to. From our hope, to yours." I wrapped my arms around him tightly, burying my head into his shoulder.

"Thank you Nik." 

"Your welcome love."