The Boy in The Iceberg

(Author's Note: if you're here reading this, I'm guessing y'all know the main story to the "Avatar: The last Airbender" series, so I'm not gonna be pulling in pictures to show stuff, if you don't know what something is, look it up for context. I.e. weapons and such, y'all get me? Cool? Cool.)

Water, Fire, Earth, Air. My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days— a time of peace, when the avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only The Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless Firebenders. But when the world needed him the most, he vanished. Over 100 years have passed, and the Fire nation was gaining victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe. Some people believed that The Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, The Avatar will return to save the world.

Two young figures sitting upon a small boat, each wearing a protective coat to keep them from freezing in the Arctic lands that is the southern water tribe.

(???): "It's not getting away from me this time."

Spoke a young man holding a spear searching for fish in the cold waters of the Arctic.

(???): "Watch and learn, Katara."

The same young man spoke, looking over his shoulder to glance at his younger sister.

(???): "This is how you catch a fish."

Katara, looking towards the fishing spot they were in, spotted the silhouette of a small fish.

The young lass removes her gloves as she breathes in staring into the water. She started motioning her hand as the water moves at her command, raising the fish up encased in an orb of water.

The young girl gasps in amazement and happiness as she calls out to her brother.

Katara: "Sokka look!"

Unbeknownst to her brother, Sokka, she was moving the fish around in the air, as the water encasing the fish moved around.

In the midst of concentration, Sokka spoke.

Sokka: "Shhh, Katara. You're gonna scare it away. Mmm. I can already smell (Y/n) cooking it."

Katara, ignoring the majority of her brother's words spoke up.

Katara: "But, Sokka, I caught one!"

She levitates the water encased fish above Sokka's body. He raises the his fishing spear and "accidentally" pops the water orb, causing the fish to get away, and earning a frustrated "Hey!" From his younger sister.

Sokka releases an annoyed groan and speaks up.

Sokka: "Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked?"

Katara: "Ugh, it's not magic, it's waterbending, and it's—

Sokka: "Yeah, yeah— an ancient art unique to our culture, blah, blah, blah... look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself."

Katara folds her arms and speaks.

Katara: "You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles of myself every time I see my reflection in the water."

Since neither of them were paying attention to where they were heading, they bumped against a small sheet of ice, causing their boat to tumble a tad, earning a scared yell from each of them.