The Spirit World (Winter Solstice Part 1)

Y/n: "Wow. I've never really looked at them, but the clouds looks so soft."

Katara: "Yeah, they look like giant puffs of cotton. I just want to jump off and land on one of them."

Sokka: "Maybe you should give it a try."

The squad talked amongst themselves as Appa flew through the sky. The relaxing and soothing view of clouds gently brushing past them put everyone at ease.

Katara [sarcasm]: "Oh, you're hilarious."

Aang: "I'll try it!"

Aang suddenly jumped out of Appa's head and dove down. The serenity and peace from earlier was gone in an instant as everyone instantly looked at Aang falling.

Y/n: "Aang. No!!!"

Aang: "Yeah!"

His plummeting body went out of view the closer he got to the ground. Katara and Sokka gave each other a questioning look while Y/n was freaking out.

Suddenly Aang appeared gliding down to the saddle and plopped his butt on it.

Aang: "Turns put, clouds are made of water."

He proceeds to coat himself in an orb of air to wipe the water off of him.

Katara: "Hey... what is that?"

They look to where Katara was facing. The ground. The forest beneath had a huge chunk of itself covered in black.

Sokka: "It's like a scar."

Y/n: "I know that type of sight... that's a burnt forest."

Aang commands Appa to fly down towards the ground. Once they land and hop off, they take in their surrounding.

Sokka: "Looks like "burnt" was an understatement."

Sokka and the gang look around and see no vegetation or trees around them.

Y/n snaps a branch from a burnt tree.

Y/n: "Yeah. More like charred..."

The branch dissipates into dust, causing Y/n to drop it on the floor.

Sokka: "There's no life anywhere."

Katara: "Aang, are you ok?"

She calls out to her friend whom was looking solemnly at the soot beneath his feet.

Sokka notices small continuous marking on the floor. Footsteps.

Sokka: "Ugh! Fire nation! Those evil savages make me sick! They have no respect for—

Katara: "Shh!"

She hushes Sokka.

Sokka: "What? I'm not allowed to be angry?"

Katara motions her head to Aang looking down sadly at the ground and Y/n sadly seated on the brunt floor.

Aang sits down on the floor and picks up a handful of soot.

Aang: "Why would anyone do this? How could I let this happen?"

Katara slowly makes her way to Aang.

Katara: "Aang, you didn't let this happen. It has nothing to do with you."

Aang: "Yes it does. It's the avatar's job to protect nature, but I don't know how to do my job."

Katara: "But that's why we're going to the North Pole— to find you a teacher."

Aang: "Yeah. A waterbending teacher. But there's no one who could teach me how to become the avatar. Monk Gyatsu said that avatar Roku would help me."