The City of Walls and Secrets (Part 2)

"Care to explain what all that commotion was about, dearest Hua?"

A woman spoke from a busy salon, placing down a brush on a countertop and looking at a woman behind her with the help of a mirror.

Chattering clouded the atmosphere of the place, women entering and exiting; coming in with accompanying disheveled messes of hair and leaving out ready to marry the nearest emperor.

"I'm sorry?"

The woman politely questioned.

The lady who had asked turned around from her mirror's gaze to face her accomplice before speaking once more.

"There's tell that you have been spotted with a child last night. Word says you left him a sobbing, howling mess. Care to explain?"

The woman seemingly being interrogated had her face stripped away of any color, leaving her almost as pale as a spirit.

She hitches her breath in horror, a pit growing within her belly.

A sickly nauseating feeling ready to open the floodgates of the stomach to unleash rancid puke all around.

"That... that can't be..." She quivers, her legs feeling numb, feeling like their molecular structure was substituted for a plot of jelly.

The lady raises a brow at her visually distraught companion.

"Are you going to say anything about that? We've built this place from the ground; we can't have rumors going around tearing the reputation of our store."

Spoken in truth, and in severity.

The woman in question, "Hua," caught herself on an empty chair behind her and placed a hand on her face, biting her lip as a tear ruins the hours of carefully worked make-up.

"So it's true?" The lady still standing asks.

Hua stands from her chair.

Well, less of, "standing" and more of , "recovering".

"I... I have to go..." Hua speaks in fear.

Her voice trembling as much as her hands sweat and shake.

"I've made a mistake."

The upper ring, closest to the king of the magnificent wall, seemingly has always bustled around with joyful folks and those with bright futures.

At least it's what it seems. Such emotion was probably a ploy by strings of the shadows. Evil hiding within the dark to manipulate the outside; To grant them their wish, only to rip apart what they have left when they feel most secure.

At least, that's what was going on in the mind of a young adventurer; one of which resides in the same residence as the avatar himself.

An aura of dark in its purest of forms feasting off of the dismay and torture of a young child.

Accomplices, friends old and new surrounded him, all worried.

They've heard what had happened. Yet no tongue was there to speak of it.

It had appeared to them in the shape of a dream. Or rather a message brought by dead stars. A message brought by a black sun.

Echoes whispered from the dark, all laughing with joyous and prideful vigor.

"The boy's mother lives...!"

"Yet she does not remember him...!"

"Cast aside garbage!"