The Library

Sitting down in a meditative stance watching the orange sand spread to the horizon while the ironically named fountain grass danced while the air blew gently on their patch, Avatar Aang sat with a contemplative look on his face as this seemingly endless desert distorted the area ahead with unrelenting heat.

The rest of the squad began to mount off of their personal, fluffy carrier, Appa.

Y/n, being the last to get off of Appa after helping Sokka land, extended his arm down, waiting for his best friend to grab it and safely catch him once he fell off.

Sokka secured Y/n in his arms and gently set him on the ground where he untied his usual hairstyle and tied it up into a bun.

Sokka looked at Aang and raised a brow.

The young avatar was the one who directed Appa to come to this location.

Certainly there must've been something worthwhile aside from unbearable heat and pesky insects.

Sokka: "What's out here?"

Instead of receiving an answer from Aang, Toph Beifong squat down and placed her hands on the sand.

Toph: "A lot, actually. There's hundreds of little—

Aang turned around and shushed her.

Aang: "I know you can see underground, but don't ruin the surprise. Just watch."

Everyone stared curiously at Aang.

The young Airbender grabbed a wooden flute from his pocket and placed the mouthpiece on his lips.

Aang began to make high-pitched notes with the flute, making strange mammals pop out of holes on the sand to the music.

Aang giggled at the antics of the strange critters while Cosmo and Momo tried to catch one.

Sokka walks up to Aang.

Before the arrow-headed avatar could blow once more, Sokka stuck his finger in the hole of the flute.

Sokka: "This is nice and all, but don't we have more important things to worry about? We should be making plans."

Toph spoke up.

Toph: "We did make plans. We're all picking mini-vacations."

Sokka nodded to the sides.

Sokka: "There's no times for vacation."

Katara, Toph, and Y/n look amongst each other.

Aang looked up at Sokka with a pleading look.

Aang: "I'm learning to bend as fast as I can. I practice hard every day with Toph and Katara. I've been training my arrow off."

Katara walks up from behind and places her hand on Aang's shoulder as she turned her face to her brother.

Katara: "Yeah, come on. Nothing's wrong with taking a little break and having fun in our downtime."

Sokka crosses his arms.

Sokka: "Even if you do master all the elements, then what? It's not like we have a map of the Fire Nation—

Y/n's ears peek and he opens his mouth to speak but gets shut up by Sokka.

Sokka: "Should we just head west until we reach the Fire Lord's house?"