Bitter Work

Forgot to add the scar on his right hand, my bad

Forgot to add the scar on his right hand, my bad. 😕

Fun fact: If I allowed characters in this book the ability to cuss, Y/n and Katara would be the ones saying the No-no words the most.

Recent events have been awful to our merry band of adventurers.

Losing Omashu, Y/n having to fight his old friends, sleep deprivation while being hunted down by said friends. They all needed a break.

And they were getting a break as the long night slowly passed over the canyon they were currently based at.

After the events of the chase, Aang and Katara spent some time looking for an even better camp area. One so difficult to traverse by land or vehicle yet easy enough for the gaang not to struggle.

And it paid off!

Everyone was getting their much needed rest.

All except for 1.

Avatar Aang.

He brought Toph along because she was destined to be his earthbending teacher. And what better chance at beginning practice than now?

It was rather early, and the weather just felt so right!

Aang quietly and excitedly leaped out of his sleeping bag and landed next to his dearest bison.

Aang: "Today's the day! Can you believe it? After all that time searching for a teacher, I'm finally starting earthbending! And this place, it's perfect. Don't you think?"

Aang was speaking to the other person next to his bison.

None other than the boomerang man himself, Sokka.

Aang: "Sokka?"

Sokka turns around, a grumpy look on his face and proceeds to groan.

Aang: "Oh, you're still sleeping, huh?"

Sokka grumbles and deepens himself into the sleeping bag.

The watertribe Warrior's bag began to shuffle.

Out popped Y/n with crazy bed head.

Releasing a yawn, the boy slowly gets out of his shared sleeping bag and puts his shirt on.

Noticing the young Airbender, the two smile and wave at each other.

Y/n: "Oh, good morning, Aang!"

Aang: "Good morning, Y/n!"

The two quietly whispered at each other before hugging.

Their hug was immediately interrupted by a loud rumble.