The Swamp

Y'all doing good? Eating breakfast, dinner, or supper? How are you mentally? How are you feeling emotionally?

Friendly reminder to take care of yourselves. I love it when you guys comment on my stories but I'd love it even more if you were at your best.

P.S. my bad for not releasing the chapter earlier.

Resting against a wall as civilians walk past, proceeding with their days, Iroh and Zuko find themselves asking kind strangers if they have any spare change.

Forgetting about the fire nation and planning to start a new life, homelessness was but the beginning of their future struggles.

It was a rather calm in the rice farming village they were in. Not many troubles as far as the eye can see.

The young banished prince found himself groaning in frustration as he laid against the resting ostrich-horse behind him.

Iroh looked at a walking pedestrian and spoke.

Iroh: "Spare coins for weary travelers?"

The man gives Iroh a smile as he tosses in 2 coins inside of Iroh's hat.

Zuko gets up and twists his head to his uncle.

Zuko: "This is humiliating. We're royalty. These people should be giving us what we want."

The prince complained as he crossed his arms, scoffing at his current predicament.

Iroh: "They will if you ask nicely."

Another pedestrian was asking close, this one was a beautiful and well dressed lady.

Iroh held out his hat and flashed her a smile.

Iroh: "Spare change for a hungry old man?"

The woman gave off a smile at Iroh, reaching into her purse and giving him 5 coins.

Woman: "Aw, here you go."

Iroh smiled at her before speaking again.

Iroh: "The coin is appreciated, but not as much as your smile."

The beautiful lady giggles before walking away.

And almost immediately, another person walked by. This time, a man approached the two.

The man looked rather lanky and slightly tall, a machete in his back and a devious grin on his face.

Man: "How about some entertainment in exchange for...

The man grabbed something from his pocket and took out a gold coin.

Man: "A gold piece?"

Zuko narrows his eyes and speaks.

Zuko: "We're not performers."

Iroh, on the other hand, quickly saved them extra hours of being in the streets without much gained.

Iroh: "No professionals, at least."

Iroh sat up and began to sing.

Iroh: "It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se, but the girls in the city, they look so pretty."

As he sung, he held out his hand, expecting the gold coin.

The man on the other hand, didn't look amused.