The City of Walls and Secrets (Part 1)

Thanks to General Fung, the Avatar Squad or the arguably better team name "Boomeraang Squad", were given smooth travels in the shape of a stone cart on a monorail moved by earthbenders.

They have long since departed, around 7 hours ago.

They would've reached Ba Sing Se by now if they went straight for it, but due to the human body and it's need for "silly things" like sleep, they had to call it the night and proceed once daybreak started.

"Yes, but if we follow by your theoretics, humans wouldn't have a... a... bootyhole... if there wasn't a need to eat. Same with stuff like pee since we'd need to feed off of another source like sunlight to thrive." Y/n quietly spoke to Sokka.

The thoughts in the back of Sokka's head seemingly won the battle last night in his sleep and had arose.

Since morning, the Water Tribe's warrior began an "intellectual" conversation with the nearest person he found to be intelligent.

This unfortunate soul was none other than Y/n.

Since the question was brought up, they have been at a constant back and forth, talking about typical topics like "how many punches do you think you can dish out at a platypus bear and how much damage they could do before the body tires out" or the "if you had a spirit to grant you your biggest wish, what would it be"; you get it; the usual.

"Ok but that would make them like plants right? Their skin would be all green and leafy and stuff." Sokka retorted.

Y/n stopped for a second and looked in thought.

He opened his mouth to speak but closed it as the thinking parts of his brain were shut off.

"Sokka... I don't... I don't think that's how it works..."

Katara huffed.

"Sokka, leave the poor guy alone, you're gonna give him a headache and make ours worse."

Sokka folded his arms.

"You wouldn't understand. Y/n and I need to put our thinking caps on since we're always getting into trouble and need to find answes to problems that haven't happened yet."

An aged man with a straw hat and a large basket groaned while he held his forehead.

"By the spirits' mighty selves— can't you learn to be a bit quiet? Yer wakin up the rest of us!"

The man called attention to Sokka while irritatingly pointing his finger.

Sokka put his hands up and did a gentle pushing motion.

"Alright, alright, I'll go shutting up now."

The man groans and relaxes his posture.

"Bout'a darn time."

The ride proceeded to be rather quiet, even more-so with Sokka's constant blabbering out of the equation.

At the corner of her eye, Katara spotted a large object outside the window next to her.

It was the mighty outer wall of Ba Sing Se.

"Guys, look! It's the inner wall." Katara happily exclaimed.

She lass looks at the friends in front of her, I.e. Sokka, Toph, and Y/n.

"I can't believe we made it all in one piece—

Sokka held out his hand and shushed his sister.