Nineteen- The start of summer

GENERAL
Now that Christmas was over, the school went on normally. Will and Mike would be bullied by Troy, even if Mike was physically stronger than him.
------
(SUMMER 1985- 1st day of Summer Break)
After what seemed like months, the start of summer had reached Hawkins. The school was out and everyone planned to have the best 4th of July in history, especially when it came to the Mayor of Hawkins, Mayor Kline. Mayor Kline was planning to invest thousands of dollars into the event, even hosting Hawkins Fun Fair.

Lonnie was gone, far away from Hawkins after the funeral. Joyce's grave was cleaned every month, mostly done by Will and occasionally by Hopper and Jonathan.

Mike's parents split up after Joyce's funeral, with Ted moving away to Ohio. Holly, Nancy and Mike stayed with their mom, frightened of Ted and his old fashioned beliefs.

El was still in the lab, although no longer run by Dr Martin Brenner.

Mike and Will were still dating, going strong. Mike loved Will with all his heart and Will was the same. Nothing would stop them from being themselves.
------
(MIKE'S ROOM)
WILL
Mike and I were alone. Mike's mom wasn't home since she was out getting dinner with Nancy and Holly. I was against Mike's headboard, reading a magazine as Mike laid next to me reading one of his favourite adventure books.

"Imagine Dustin wearing this..." I spoke as I flipped the magazine page to show men's t-shirts.

"If Dustin wore that...I'd pay you $10." Mike laughed, now seeing the image in his head.

The music on the radio changed, causing Mike to sing. "And nobody wants to know you now " Mike spoke as he sang...quite well with the music. As he sings, he throws his book aside and strums on his air guitar.

He continues to sing, much to my dismay. "Mike! Stop!" I say, hitting him playfully as he tried to keep going.

"So if you're lost and on your own" Mike continued, his arms now holding mine.

"You can never surrender" Mike spoke as I covered his mouth, some of the lyrics muffled by my hand.

As the song slowly fades away, Mike stops, his eyes on mine as he kisses me. His soft lips move in sync with mine as his hands make their way to my waist and my hand makes its way to his neck. As we kissed, Mike's walkie-talkie starts to make noise, signalling for Mike and I to stop.

"Mike....are you there?" Lucas spoke as the line was silent. "I'm here Lucas." Mike left room for Lucas to speak.

"Are you and Will coming to the mall or not?" Lucas spoke as the line went silent. Mike quickly grabbed his back, placing all the important things (snacks and his walkie-talkie) into his bag. He grabbed my hand and within minutes, we were on our bikes, heading to the newly opened Starcourt Mall.
------
(AT THE MALL)
MIKE
Will and I pull up outside Starcourt Mall on our bikes, the place is swarming with people. We eventually spot Lucas and Max as they wait eagerly to get into the mall.

"You're late," Lucas said as Will and I put our bikes on the rack, heading inside the mall.

"Sorry!" I said, now a little angry at Lucas for hurrying us up.

"We're gonna miss the opening," Max said, now following me as Lucas and Will caught up. Will intertwined my hand with his as we rushed to Scoops Ahoy. "Yeah, if you keep whining about it. Let's go!" I said, now partly running.

"If you guys keep whining about it." Lucas mocked me as Max held his hand.

"Let me guess. You were busy?" Lucas spoke as he looked at Will and I. "Oh, yeah, real mature, Lucas..." I spoke, keeping my eye on where we were going.

"Oh, Will, I wish we could make out forever, and never hang out with any of our friends," Lucas said, mocking my voice as he made kissing noises. Ever since Will and I started dating, Lucas found it funny to mock us and our relationship.

"Will thinks it's funny," Lucas said as Will laughed slightly.

Max, Will, Lucas and I start using the escalator but we're impatient so we begin pushing past people

"Hey!" A girl said, now upset.

"Excuse us! Sorry! Sorry!" I spoke as we pushed.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry," Max said, still following me.

We run and eventually make it to Scoops Ahoy. I walk over, followed by Max, Will and Lucas. I ring the bell repeatedly, annoying Robin.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here," Robin said, not really caring.

Steve opens the divider between the back room and the front of the shop. "Again? Seriously?" Steve asked, confused. He rushes us out of the back room and into the staff hallways of Starcourt behind the shops.

"Come on, come on. I swear if anybody hears about this-" Steve begins but we all finish his sentence.

"We're dead!" Lucas, Max, Will and I said in unison.

I peek my head through the staff door of the movie theatre, making sure no one else was around. "All clear," I spoke as we all walked through the door. We walk into the correct movie theatre, showing Day of The Dead.

The previews finished showing as we sat down, getting ready. "See, Lucas? We made it." I said, getting my bag out.

"We missed the previews," Lucas complained. "Still made it," Max said, making a face. I pass out the appropriate snacks to who wants them and we smile as the movie begins. The audio slows before stopping as the lights flicker, resulting in a power outage.

Everyone in the theatre shouts at the screen, upset that the movie isn't showing. "Come on!" Max said, angry.

"Come on!" I said, upset as Will looked nervous.

The film began to sputter as a light shone from the screen. Everyone in the theatre cheered.

As the movie began to play, the screen showed a creature roaring and the lady screaming.

Will's hand made it's way to his neck as he looked around, then at me.

"Hey....you ok babe?" I asked as I held his hand, hoping he would calm down.

"Y-Yeah..." Will said as he gasped, slightly startled.

"Are you sure?" I asked as I looked at Will concerned.

"Of course." He said, slightly smiling now.

"Okay," I said, brushing off my worries as the movie continued to play.