Two- Seeing them togther

WILL
It's been over a week since the Snowball and Mike has gotten closer with El. I'm totally jealous of El, and Mike would rather hang out with her rather than Dustin, Lucas and me.
———
It's Tuesday and I'm at home completing homework that was given today. I honestly couldn't stop thinking about Mike. I had thought about asking him over, yet I also thought it was best not to.

"Will! Mike's here!" My mom yelled from the other room.

Why is Mike here?! I hope he isn't here to talk about the Snowball...

"Hey Will...I wanted to talk to you....about the Snowball..." Mike said walking in.

Crap!

We walk to my room.

"Gee....it's cold in here...is the Mindflayer back?" Mike asked.

"N-No! It was stuffy before so I decided to let some air in..." I said sighing.

Mike and I sat down on my bed.

"I just wanted to check up on you. We haven't had a chance to hang out since El returned...and I wanted to make sure you were ok after the Snowball..." Mike said smiling.

"I'm fine Mike. There is nothing to talk about..." I said standing up.

Apart from the fact that I have a massive crush on you but you're with El...

"I-I just—I want to clear up any problems. I saw the way you kept looking at me after you left the bathroom..." Mike said nervously.

"I assure you that I'm okay. There is nothing wrong and I don't have any problems." I said looking at him.

God damn it, Mike! Why did I have to fall for you?!

"Well...just know that if you need me for anything, I'm here for you. You can trust me." Mike smiled.

"Well....there is one-" I was cut off by Mike.

"-I'm so sorry Will...I have to get home before my mom finds out I'm gone! We can talk tomorrow?" Mike asked leaving the room.

Sure Mike...I'm happy with telling you I have feelings for you at school tomorrow...not.

I watch as Mike grabs his bike and rides off. I walk back to my room and go to bed.
———
It's Wednesday and I can't be bothered getting out of bed, but I do anyway. The whole school had the day off due to the teachers having 2 days of teacher conferences.

I spent the whole day staring at Mike and feeling jealous of Mike and El. I just wish that I was in El's position, being kissed, hugged and loved. The way he laughed with her...the way he smiled every time El walked into the room or near him...I wanted Mike to treat me that way, but I knew that Mike was way out of my league. Besides, he is happy with El.

I assumed that he forgot about last night and the conversation we had due to the fact that he didn't even bring it up or try to.

I rode straight home at the end of the day. I got into my room and laid on my bed. Usually I would go to the arcade with Dustin, Lucas and Mike, but Mike started bringing El along and that me more jealous.

I just laid down and stared up at the ceiling as I thought about Mike. I ate dinner and I still thought about Mike. Even when I was listening to my favourite song while drawing I thought about Mike. I thought about what it would be like to date Mike.

"Babe? Have you seen my books?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, they're on my desk..." I said kissing Mike's cheek. I loved being with Mike.

"I had fun last night. We should sleepover and tell stories more often!" Mike said as we left for school.

I snapped out of my dream and I fell asleep properly.
———
It's Thursday and I was hanging out with Mike and El since we had another day off due to teacher conferences. I couldn't stop thinking about him. Seeing them together made me sick. Don't get me wrong, El is pretty, she is smart and she has awesome powers, but she has only known Mike for a week. Most people would argue that they have actually known each other for a year and a bit, but El was in the upside-down for a week, then she was staying with Hopper in secret for 353 days, and he didn't let her see him, even though she saw him in the void.

Once again, I rode straight home and I just laid down and stared up at the ceiling as I thought about Mike. I ate dinner and I still thought about Mike. Even when I was listening to my favorite song while drawing I thought about Mike.

It's all I ever do. I only ever think about Mike.

I even went to bed thinking about him.