Twenty five- A connection

SCOOPS TROOP
PREVIOUSLY
"He's long gone, you big asshole. And he's probably calling Hopper, and Hopper's calling the US cavalry. They're gonna come in here, commando-style, guns a-blazing', and kick your sorry asses back to Russia. You're gonna be two pieces of toast." Steve said, over-explaining.

"Is that so?" The Russian asked. All of a sudden, the alarm went off, making the Russian nervous. The guards left the room, going to inspect the sudden noise.

"Hey! Henderson! That's crazy, I was just talking about you." Steve said, happy to see his friend.

"Oh, my God!" Robin said, shocked.

Dustin reef the two drugged up teenagers, getting ready.

"Get ready to run..." Dustin said as Erica opened the door.

PRESENT
"What are we doing here?" Erica asked as she and Dustin sat in the movie theatre, keeping an eye on Robin and Steve.

"We're laying low. Cooling off. Like Oswald." Dustin said, taking a deep breath in and out.

"Oswald was found in a theatre and shot to death..." Erica said, giving Dustin a sarcastic look.

"A week later..." Dustin said, shocked.

"We need to get outta here." Erica said, looking around.

"All right, you watch Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Make sure they don't go anywhere." Dustin said, looking at Steve and Robin.

"Where are you going?" Erica asked, confused.

"To find us a ride." Dustin left the theatre, going somewhere more private.

Dustin rushed off, leaving Erica to watch the movie while she 'babysat' Steve and Robin, two drugged up teens.

"I repeat...this is a code red!" Dustin shouted into his walkie-talkie

"Dustin?" He heard his name coming from the walkie-talkie.

"Max?" Dustin asked as he heard her voice.

"Dustin!" Max exclaimed.

"Max! Oh, my God, you have to listen. I know I've been MIA, and I'm sorry, it's not because I'm mad. I mean, I actually was mad, but it's also because I was trapped underground in a secret Russian base." Dustin rushed, trying to get everything out so he could finally get some help.

"Dustin, you're going way too fast. I can't understand you." Max said.

"I know that sounds insane, but the Russians have infiltrated Hawkins! The goddamn Russians! And now- they're using-to open the gate-" Dustin said, hoping that Max would be surprised.

"Dustin, you're-you're breaking up..." Max said, worried.

"-and now they're after us and we don't have a way out of here, so I need you to come and get us. Can Nancy drive?" Dustin asked, not having heard Max.

"Dustin, you're cutting out." Max said, trying to hear Dustin.

"Max?" Dustin asked, looking at his walkie-talkie.

"Dustin, you there?" Max asked.

"Max? Max, do you copy?" Dustin asked, worried.

"Dustin-" Max spoke, concerned.

"Shit! Not now. Please, not now. Max!" Dustin said as his walkie-talkie turned off.

THE GRISWOLD FAMILY
PREVIOUSLY
"Nancy, shoot it!" Jonathan yelled as Nancy tried to fill the shotgun in her hands.

El continued screaming as the monster held her by her ankle. Max tried desperately to hold on to El as she screamed.

"Come on! Lucas!" Max shouted as Lucas grabbed the axe resting against the wall.

As Nancy shoots the gun, getting some good shots, Lucas hacks into the Mindflayer, resulting in some truly horrid screeches.

"Pull!" Max yelled again as everyone pulled on Eleven's arms, trying to keep her from being taken.

After a while, they managed to pull her away. El fell onto Max and Mike. They ripped the mouth of the tendril, El screaming in pain. They managed to stand El up as she used her powers to rip the Mindflayer in two, causing it to shriek in pain. El falls again, but Max and Mike hold El as Will opened the cabin door, each of them desperately exiting the cabin as the Mindflayer scattered.

"Go, go, go!" Nancy shouted, Jonathan, opening each door for an easy escape.

"Come on, come on, go!" Jonathan spoke, getting everyone into the car.

"Go! Get in. Right here..." Jonathan spoke as El got into the back of the car, Max holding her.

PRESENT
Nancy, Jonathan, Mike, Will, El, Lucas and Max had just finished fighting the Mindflayer and El was exhausted. Max was in the back of the car, holding El in her arms as she whimpered in pain. Mike held Will, as he was crying into Mike's shoulder.

"Shh...Will...we're ok..." Mike said, comforting his boyfriend.

After what seemed like forever, they had arrived at the grocery store, hoping to help Eleven.

"Does that hurt?" Max asked, concerned.

"Uh, not bad." El slightly whimpered.

"You're gonna have an awesome scar. You'll look even more badass." Max said, smiling.

"Bitchin'..." El nodded.

"Yeah, bitchin'..." Max said, smiling at her friend.

"El...there is something I wanna tell you. What I wanna say is...that I like you El...as more than a friend..." Max said before connecting her lips with El's finally feeling free and full.

As they kissed, El enjoying it, they heard a noise coming from Mike's walkie-talkie.

"I repeat...this is a code red!" Dustin shouted into his walkie-talkie.

"Dustin?" They heard his voice coming from the walkie-talkie.

"Max?" Dustin asked as he heard her voice.

"Dustin!" Max exclaimed.

"Max! Oh, my God, you have to listen. I know I've been MIA, and I'm sorry, it's not because I'm mad. I mean, I actually was mad, but it's also because I was trapped underground in a secret Russian base." Dustin rushed, trying to get everything out so he could finally get some help.

"Dustin, you're going way too fast. I can't understand you." Max said, trying to slow the boy down.

"I know that sounds insane, but the Russians have infiltrated Hawkins! The goddamn Russians! And now- they're using-to open the gate-" Dustin said.

"Dustin, you're-you're breaking up..." Max said, worried.

"-and now they're after us and we don't have a way out of here, so I need you to come and get us. Can Nancy drive?" Dustin asked.

"Dustin, you're cutting out." Max said, trying to hear Dustin.

"Max?" Dustin asked, looking at his walkie-talkie.

"Dustin, you there?" Max asked.

"Max? Max, do you copy?" Dustin asked, worried.

"Dustin-" Max spoke, concerned.

"What is it?" Jonathan and Nancy asked as they walked around the corner, seeing Max and El.