Sixteen- Funeral

WILL
It's been about 48 hours since my mother died. I've spent 2 days in bed with Mike since El was taken back to the lab. Mike was feeling a little better since El left, so he went back to his normal self, as for me...well...I haven't been doing so well.

"Baby...it's 1 pm. I think you should get up. There's 1 hour until your mom's funeral..." Mike said crouching in front of me. I pushed him away, not wanting to get out of bed.

"Will....now isn't the time to be pushing me away...." Mike said holding my hand. I sighed, getting out of bed and getting ready for my mom's funeral.
———
We arrived at the funeral and I hadn't said a word to anyone. As people started to arrive, I felt tears welling up in my eyes, so I grabbed a tissue and wiped my eyes.

Mike held my hand the entire time.

"I-I'm so sorry Will. If you need anything, just ask..." Max said hugging me. I gave her a faint smile, before going back to my sad state.

Mike squeezed my hand, so I looked up. I saw my dad standing at the door. He walked up to me, pulling his hand out. I think he expected me to shake it.

"You're not welcome here Lonnie..." I said with an angry expression.

"What happened to 'dad'?" Lonnie asked.

"You don't deserve to be called that after what you did..." I said angrily.

"Will...not here..." Lonnie said looking around nervously. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Get your hand off me," I said clenching my fists.

Lonnie didn't move his hand, so I moved it for him, but before I could put my hand back down, he grabbed my wrist.

"How dare you tell me, your father, what to do!" Lonnie shouted.

"How dare you show up to mom's funeral when you left her!" I said.

Lonnie punched me, I fell to the floor in pain.

"Leave!" Both Hopper and Jonathan yelled while Mike helped me up.

Lonnie tried to throw a punch, but both Hopper and Jonathan dodged. Hopper grabbed his gun and pointed it to Lonnie.

"Leave. Now!" Hopper said.

Lonnie stopped and put his hands up. He did what Hopper said and left the building, with Hoppers gun to his back. Once he was out, Hopper instructed his men to keep him out, and that's what they did.
———
The funeral went as smoothly as possible, with me crying toward the end. As my mom's casket was lowered into the ground, I threw her favorite type of flower in with her, saying goodbye.
———
After 2 hours of talking and sitting and eating, Mike, Jonathan and I headed home, going straight to our rooms.

As I closed my bedroom door, my heart sank and I cried.

"Will!" Mike yelled rushing over to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked hugging me.

"I-In two days....it's gonna be Christmas..." I said balling my eyes out. Mike's eyes widened as he hugged me.

"W-Why did she have to die before Christmas?" I asked while sobbing.

Mike held me for ages before I finally calmed down.

"How about I get some pictures of your mom and we can spend the afternoon looking at them?" Mike asked as he held me, and stopped me from falling. I nodded. Mike got up and headed to the spare room at the back of the house. He returned shortly after with a box. He put the box next to me, taking off the lid. All of a sudden, I felt a wave of tears flow down my cheeks.

"Shhhhh..." Mike said holding me.
------
We spent the next 3 hours going through the photos and talking. Jonathan came in every once in awhile to check up on us, and the party stayed over for dinner, which I loved.

"So, how long have you and Mike been looking at pictures of your mom?" Max asked sitting next to me.

"Well, we started 3 hours ago and we haven't stopped. By the way...I appreciate all of you coming over. It helps to know that my friends are here." I said smiling.

"Hey, Jonathan? Can the party stay over?" Mike asked.

Jonathan looked at Mike with a concerning look.

"For Will..." Mike added. Jonathan nodded, which left Mike, the party and I in a cheer. We all headed to my room, playing games for the next hour.
------
"So...what are your plans for Christmas??" Dustin asked.

"M-Mike and I haven't thought about it..." I said looking down sad.

"Well, I have. Since Will's mom...I felt like it would be too hard for Will...but him looking at her photos shows that he's on his way to being a better version of Will...so to speak..." Mike said smiling.

I gave Mike a smile and a hug, feeling happy that he has considered my feelings.
------
After 2 hours, we all managed to fall asleep to the sound of Christmas music.