Eighteen- The big bad wolf

WILL
After Jonathan and I gave Hopper the letter, he moved into our house and is now our legal guardian.

Mike has moved back in with his family, on Nancy's condition that he has to act straight. The plan was that Mike would pretend to be straight in the house, but he could be himself when out of the house or not near his parents.

Hopper didn't know that I snuck Mike into the house at 11pm at night since he was clearly passed out on the couch after drinking too much beer.
———
I woke up this morning to the sound of rustling in my moms old room, so I got up without disturbing Mike who was peacefully sleeping on the bed beside me. I knew it wasn't Hopper since he leaves for work at 6am, and it wasn't Jonathan since I saw him sneak out of the house last night at 10pm. That begs the question...who is rustling around in my moms old room?

I left my room and slowly and quietly walked over to the room, seeing the bedroom door open slightly. As I peeked through the crack in the door, I could see a tall man in black pants with a brown leather jacket. There is only one person I know who wears brown leather jackets. Lonnie.

"What the hell are you doing in my moms room let alone my house?!" I yelled as I slammed the door open. I could see Lonnie jump as he turned around.

"Jesus christ kid! You scared the crap outta me!" Lonnie said throwing a book he found on the bed.

"Answer my question. What are you doing here Lonnie!" I said, standing up tall and firmly.

"First of all, you need to call me dad since I am, but secondly, I'm comin' to collect your mom's stuff." Lonnie said, grabbing a box that was near the bed. I ignored his first comment and focused on his second comment.

"Why the hell are you taking mom's things?!" I asked, outraged.

"I thought that since your mom isn't here anymore, I could sell some of her things and get some quick cash..." Lonnie said as he grabbed books off the shelves and stuffed them into the box.

"You're not taking anything!" I said, grabbing the books he had just put down.

"Like hell I'm not!" Lonnie said he snatched the books out of my hand. I grabbed the box and put it on the shelf.

"None of this belongs to you so your not taking it!" I said as I stepped in front of the box.

I underestimated Lonnie's strength as he pushed me out of the way, causing me to fall to the floor. He grabbed the box and put it on the bed.

"I swear to god I am not leaving this house until I have a box full of Joyce's things!" Lonnie said as he packed the box half full.

"I won't let you leave with her things!" I said before Lonnie punched me in the face, leaving me on the floor, probably with a black eye and a bloody nose. I cried as I watched Lonnie grabbed the box and left.

All of a sudden, I heard something drop to the floor. I got up, still in pain, and ran out to the lounge room. The box full of mom's things was on the floor, and Mike had Lonnie pinned up to the wall. I grabbed the phone and called the cops. 10 minutes later, Hopper and his two deputies showed up, arresting Lonnie and taking him away.

"Are you ok?!" Mike asked as he ran over to me and put his hand on my cheek.

"I-I'm fine..." I said kissing him.

"You were really stupid going after Lonnie like that..." I said smiling.

"I heard him leaving, and when I saw a photo of Joyce in the box I knew he couldn't leave, so I ran out of your room, snatched the box and dropped it onto the floor. Lonnie threw some punches but I managed to pin him to the wall within 5 minutes. I was no big deal..." Mike said as he held me close to his chest.
———
An hour later and Hopper had returned home. Jonathan was still out, but he was called and told about the whole situation.

"So, how did Lonnie break into the house?" Hopper asked as he grabbed his notepad.

"H-He must have come through the back door. We hardly ever lock it..." I said, still shaking.

"Ok. Next question, why was Lonnie here?" Hopper asked. I held Mike's hand and squeezed it.

"He had a box of Joyce's things. He was planning to take the box and sell her things for some quick cash." Mike said.

"That's leads me to my next question. Why are you here Mike?" Hopper asked, giving Mike and stern look.

"Will had called me right before he confronted Lonnie..." Mike said lying.

"Hold up, you confronted Lonnie??" Hopper asked shocked.

"Hopper...he was gonna take my mom's stuff! Of course I was gonna confront him!" Will said clearly pissed off.