Chapter 54

"What!?" Tatiana yells out of shock. The crowd who has been looking at us since we got here also reacted, they were are surprised at my sudden move. "How could it be you? You, out of all people?!" Tatiana screams.

"Is there a problem Tatiana?" I tease her.

"Shut up!" she screams. She looked stressed as she tried piecing everything together.

"Don't make a fool of yourself, everyone is watching. Unless you want your face all over the media by tomorrow," I smile knowing she was trapped. She looks everywhere, cameras were all around us.

"I hope this is a lesson for you, never underestimate someone," I look at her with pure hatred. I was totally fine with her messing with me, not until she involved my angel in this mess. "No one messes with Maya while I'm alive. I hope this is the last time I have to deal with you or your bratty sister."

"You may have turned out to be a millionaire under a disguise, but I'm not done with you, yet. I don't care who you are." I scoff at her attempt of keeping a brave face. I get closer to her, making sure she was the only one that could hear me.

"Are you sure? I have the money to make your parent's company disappear in a snap," I threatened. It was true, she was rich, but it didn't compare to everything I had. Of course, I wouldn't do that, it would be a low move from me. She looks over my shoulder and makes eye contact with Asher.

"I can assure you we will see each other in the future," Tatiana threatens as well. She grabs Abby's hand before walking away. Her guards follow behind, protecting her from the crowd. I immediately kneel to match Maya's height.

"Baby, I would hug you but I'm dirty. Everything is fine now," I tear up as I see her sad face. I knew she loved her outfit, I would make things worse if I got ice cream all over her too.

"It's o-okay mommy, can we go home?" she pleads. I sigh knowing Tatiana and Abby ruined her day. She wasn't happy, she looked so sad.

"Come here, angel," Asher picks Maya up. He rubs her back as comfort, he looked worried. I stand up from my spot, trying to check up on her.

"We should probably go, I'm proud of you Vanessa," Emily smiles.

"Me too angel face, you put her in her place. You may need a new disguise if you ever want to go outside..." Noah points at everyone who was taking pictures.

"It won't be necessary anymore. I won't be hiding under a disguise, I need to be strong and hiding won't help. No more hiding, for Maya," I say as I kiss Maya's cheek.

"So much for the rides..." Noah whines as we were in the kitchen. Maya was sad throughout the whole ride, she was pouting about her ruined outfit. The only way we got her happy again was by mentioning a movie night.

"Is my baby sad?" Emily snuggles against him. I'm shocked but proud of Emily. She broke out of her shell. Noah kisses the top of her head and hugs her back.

"You know we couldn't stay there after Tatiana's stunt," Amelia points out.

"On the bright side, Vanessa has no more hiding to do," Ethan says as he gathers chips from the counters.

"Guys, social media is going crazy! Tatiana is being humiliated but #VANER is trending with 'little girl!'" Amelia informs us.

"Who?" Emily asks.

"Vaner is Vanessa and Asher's ship name. They figured you two are a couple after acting lovey-dovey at the mall. As for 'little girl,' they are talking about Maya. They are wondering who she is since you two were willing to protect her so much," Amelia adds.